Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They can’t give those junks away.

Comment

I walked into Ford the other week and they paid me $500 to take a platinum 250 off their hands. Set the whole thing up by text and didn't even have to talk to anyone.

Comment

Just seen this in the news.

Keep this up and then drop the price another 5-7k and I might be looking at the new f250’s....
        It will be pretty interesting to see what “deals” are coming out in May and June if this all keeps up.

Comment

There is no way I would take on any more debt right now. No matter how good the deal, with the exception being if I could turn around and sell for profit.

Comment

It will be hard for me to buy another GM product in the future due to them delaying negotiations and demanding top dollar to manufacturer much needed ventilators.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
              There is no way I would take on any more debt right now. No matter how good the deal, with the exception being if I could turn around and sell for profit.
              x2

I’ll probably be in the market for a new pickup in October depending how this all shakes out

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                The interest has been added to the price you will pay. When will people understand there is no free lunch.

But the facts say your oversimplified understanding is wrong.
                It also says that the cash price would be the same, so what does it matter? I’ve had a dealer quote me a price then find out I was paying cash and try to raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                  I don't know if it was free money or not but when I bought my last truck I took advantage of a 6 year 0% loan. I ran the figures and I was money ahead with the 0%. This was in March 07, Dodge offered a 6 year 0% load on leftover '06 2500s with the Cummins diesel. I went in and negotiated a very good price on the truck. I still have that truck.

Impossible! All these guys are smarter than you. Don’t you get it?

Comment

Originally posted by jmac24 View Post
                    just bought a new F150 two months ago. They offered 0% financing then, but you lose the $3,500 incentive, so it was an either/or decision.
                    I've noticed on TV they are advertising the 0% for 7 years but no incentives.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                      But the facts say your oversimplified understanding is wrong.
                      It also says that the cash price would be the same, so what does it matter? I’ve had a dealer quote me a price then find out I was paying cash and try to raise it.
                      If you take the 0% you won’t get the rebates or incentives.
                      I could of done the 0% in 16, but I wouldn’t have got the 11k off msrp.

Comment

You guys are silly! My buddy’s grandpa was a very wealthy man. He would consistently buy tractors and other implements with 0% financing. His theory was that 50k or 100k would make more money in the bank drawing interest. It also remains liquid where you can use it when needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
                            You guys are silly! My buddy’s grandpa was a very wealthy man. He would consistently buy tractors and other implements with 0% financing. His theory was that 50k or 100k would make more money in the bank drawing interest. It also remains liquid where you can use it when needed.
                            Over the years I've read posts (a lot of them) that claim it's ok to be in debt as long as the money is making money. The #1 example overall was that 100k in the stock market averages 6.5% return. So if one gets a loan for less % they actually make money. I was one of the very few that kept saying it may work but would one day bite you.

Where are the posts from these guys now?

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post

You generally don’t get rebates or incentives on tractors and implements...
                              It’s really not that hard to understand....

Comment

Working...
                              X