No announcement yet.

The Doc's New Zealand Huntingmoon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck....I am going hunting for Tahr and Red Stag in June with Kiwi Safaries. The wife and I are then going to spend a couple of weeks driving both islands.

Comment

Tuned in!
      Sounds like it will be an awesome hunt.

Comment

Dream hunt for sure... as usual! Good luck to you both!

Comment

Good luck, that's on my bucket list!

Comment

I just watched a funny video about how to pull the "club" off without anyone knowing. Quite funny actually. What you do is, let her go through your phone, then she see's a text msgs from a lady friend that she does not approve of. Start arguing very loudly. You get annoyed by the situation, you get up from seat to "use" restroom. She, still hissed at you, gets up to follow you still yelling in your ear. Proceed to join said club while arguing back and forth. No one will be the wiser. After club membership is complete, walk out of restroom apologizing back and forth. Everyone will feel sorry for you. The video is on YouTube, I couldn't find it at the moment, but it might be worth a look see. You can thank me later.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome Doc!! Been anticipating this one. You gotta go after Tahr, it's blast!! I know you will too after the first one you see bounding thru them high peaks, lol. Enjoy man NZ is beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MONSTERKEN View Post
                I just watched a funny video about how to pull the "club" off without anyone knowing. Quite funny actually. What you do is, let her go through your phone, then she see's a text msgs from a lady friend that she does not approve of. Start arguing very loudly. You get annoyed by the situation, you get up from seat to "use" restroom. She, still hissed at you, gets up to follow you still yelling in your ear. Proceed to join said club while arguing back and forth. No one will be the wiser. After club membership is complete, walk out of restroom apologizing back and forth. Everyone will feel sorry for you. The video is on YouTube, I couldn't find it at the moment, but it might be worth a look see. You can thank me later.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
                Here ya' go (I've seen it too).

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                  There are both free range and high fence hunts for stag. Most of the monster stags that are jaw droppers are just like giant whitetails in Texas--high fence. The tahr and chamois are mostly free range, nasty country critters but some are in fences. Some are accessed with helicopter. I think nz is like Texas and Africa. The hunting is there and you can find what you want. I haven't been yet and will know more in a couple weeks. As always, I don't care if it's high fence, low fence or no fence, I enjoy the heck out of hunting and killing stuff. To date I have never had an animal just surrender and jump on a plate so I will keep on facilitating the procurement of protein!

Very interesting. Thanks for the information. Now I know.

Good luck to y'all. Look forward to seeing some pictures.

Comment

Her first flight over two hours and she struggles to sit still. Should be an adventure! 16 hours of marital bliss about to unfold. I did bring lorazepam and ambien if needed to enhance the mood!

Comment

$1,000 for a coach plus upgrade?

Comment

On the plane!

Comment

Y'all are too cute!
                          Have a blast!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rocoso View Post
                            $1,000 for a coach plus upgrade?

Yep. I think first class was $10,000+ a ticket. I don't have any free miles on these airlines so it's lots of drinks take an ambien and kill more animals. Has worked for several trips to Africa and Europe.

Comment

Good luck, safe travels, happy hunting and thanks for posting all of this greatness!!

Comment

Good luck Docs!

Comment

Working...
                                X