No announcement yet.

KCA Ranch. A Work in Progress.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations on your new cabin build!!

Comment

Got a full day of work in yesterday. But got interrupted on a Dos Equis break when Daisy the catahoula went exploring on the property and came back and told me that there was a hog in the trap. Well.....it didn't go down exactly like that but pretty close!

I've been trying to trap a hog on this property for a couple years. Haven't put a whole lot of effort into it because of limited time. Got serious a few months ago when my small deer numbers got smaller when hogs took over the feeders. I put a trail cam on the trap and saw that I had caught two different hogs on two different weekends and they were able to get out because of the weak spring on the door.

Last week I went to Lowe's and bought a serious spring. I think it came off a 69' Bronco or something.

First set....bam! That sucker broke 4 or 5 welded wires off of one panel over night.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hog1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	24489425

Name:	hog2.jpg
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	24489426

Name:	hog3.jpg
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	24489427

Name:	hog4.jpg
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	24489428

Name:	hog5.jpg
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	24489429

Here's the PETA approved video! (kill shot with Glock 9mm)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBg6vCPxi5E"]March 18, 2017 - YouTube[/ame]

==========================================

So then back to the cabin.

DO NOT BUY A SHED/CABIN/BUILDING FROM THESE PEOPLE:

I was in a hurry and didn't do my research. 26 BBB complaints. They started out good but after they were finished (after dark) I noticed all the crappy work they did. Big gaps around the walls where things didn't line up, crappy framing/walls on a 7x7 room they we paid them to build. Tongue & groove floor not attached completely with big cracks to the outside, and on and on. I think they missed more studs with the nail gun than they hit.

So I spent most of the day caulking, spray foaming, reattaching drip edge, securing loose shingles, etc. etc. etc. I think it's all sealed up now. Still have to rebuild some of the room they built inside. I went way overboard with the spray foam but I had it so might as well use it. All of the extra foam was trimmed off after the pics. Gotta keep the wife happy!

Name:	cabin1.jpg
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	24489430

Name:	cabin2.jpg
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	24489431

Name:	cabin3.jpg
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	24489432

Name:	cabin4.jpg
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	24489433

Name:	cabin5.jpg
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	24489434

Name:	cabin6.jpg
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	24489435

Name:	cabin7.jpg
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	24489436

Used the ol' Kubota to drag/push around a 10x12 deck. Put it to the right so wife would have a nice covered parking area under the awning.

Name:	cabin8.jpg
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	24489437

Name:	cabin9.jpg
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	24489438

Name:	cabin10.jpg
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	24489439

Got a water heater, romex, plugs, breakers, light fixtures, outlet/fixture boxes ready to go. Got a buddy that's gonna help me wire it up in a week or two. Then on to the shower/toilet/sink/insulation/walls/ceiling/etc. Never ending money pit! Thanks for following.
      Last edited by Chew; 03-19-2017, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Looking more comfortable every time your out there Bobby . And I'd bet you do catch another hog in that trap. That's sand under it. And that blood will wash away quickly. Nice choice on door springs too. That will help a great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          Looking more comfortable every time your out there Bobby . And I'd bet you do catch another hog in that trap. That's sand under it. And that blood will wash away quickly. Nice choice on door springs too. That will help a great deal.
          Thanks Mike. That spring is scary strong. I'm using a trigger stick that holds the door open. Corn is behind the stick and when they try to get to it they bump the stick with their head, releasing the door. That thing will break your hand. Very strong. I moved the trap about 6' due to all the blood. But probably could have left it there.

Comment

Dangit, don't you know a 9mm wont kill no piggies.

This is one of my favorite threads on TBH.
            Last edited by GrapeApe; 03-19-2017, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GrapeApe View Post
              Dangit, don't you know a 9mm wont kill no piggies.

This is one of my favorite threads on TBH.
              Thank ya sir. Yeah....i hear ya on the 9mm. [emoji3] [emoji23] [emoji15]

Comment

PETA and Iowahunter approved video!

Place is looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                  PETA and Iowahunter approved video!

Place is looking good.
                  Thanks!

Comment

Bobby is there a chance rain can get to the windows. They are not installed correctly. If water gets on the head of them it is coming inside the building.

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                      Bobby is there a chance rain can get to the windows. They are not installed correctly. If water gets on the head of them it is coming inside the building.
                      Thats not surprising considering the rest of the "craftsmanship". Sent u a text

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                        may need to pull the "frames" Saturday...see what will be needed to seal these right...see ya early Bobby

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
                          may need to pull the "frames" Saturday...see what will be needed to seal these right...see ya early Bobby
                          Check in with me! I might be going up for just thurs/fri to meet my buddy that's an electrician. I think I've got about 10 honeydo's in kingwood that may be keep me away this weekend. Should know more by Friday. But if I go, Busch Light for errybody!

Comment

will do, decide what wall stuff you're putting up, so you can set the receptical boxes at the right depth.

Comment

Looks like things are set for me and a buddy to go up tomorrow and wire up the cabin and also get it ready for a mini-split AC system that Airehead is going to install soon. Can't wait.

Comment

Good Luck Chew! You are gonna love that mini-split!

Comment

Working...
                                X