Remodeling my new place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remodeling my new place

So a little over a month ago i bought my dream place. 11ac with a house and shop. The house needs a complete remodel as does the shop so i got the place pretty much at land value. Sold my old place about 10 days ago so now i have some money to get started.

This is the reason i really wanted this place

Comment

I always new i wanted one of these

Nailed together some beams ( person who built it put a lot of piers but nothing to tie them all together) hopefully in a few days ill have this place level. When i moved i had to cut my kids playhouse in half. 30 minutes to put it back together with the nail gun

Comment

Comment

2x8x20 treated nailed together and let me tell ya, they are plenty heavy for a 46 y/o chubs

Comment

Awesome and Congrats ...

Comment

Thank you
              Going to be a labor of love...... I hope

Comment

If I was closer, I'd volunteer to assist. Don't get yourself hurt, find some help and Good Luck, the place looks fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
                  If I was closer, I'd volunteer to assist. Don't get yourself hurt, find some help and Good Luck, the place looks fantastic.
                  You sound like my wife..... Get some help
                  But i realize there is a ton to do and ill be calling on favors from time to time for sure. Already have a framer buddy lined out to add a 16x16 addition.
                  After leverling the house ill tear out all sheetrock, add new layer of subfloor, room addition, new master suit, move a couple interior walls in order to get 3 bed rooms and 2 baths. Then metal roof, walk around porch on 3 sides.
                  If all goes well i figure 3-4 months

Comment

I thought you were staying home to take care of your sick daughter today?

Comment

Originally posted by Jefecinco View Post
                      I thought you were staying home to take care of your sick daughter today?
                      Sick kid dont mean i cant work

Comment

following

Comment

Good Luck

Comment

That is a gorgeous piece of Texas you snatched up Kirby. Will look forward to seeing things progress over the coming years. Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. But you can do anything with a pier & beam house!

Following

Comment

Looks great. Congrats

I heard the same thing. Get help. If had waited for help 90% of the projects would still be a thought.
                              I'm 64 but still get after it

Comment

Working...
                              X