Pickled Jalapeños... anyone know how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pickled Jalapeños... anyone know how?

Things seem to be growing good. First time I’ve ever messed with growing jalapeños and I think I’m going to have a few extras......does anybody know how to pickle these things?

Click image for larger version

Name:	FCFE36E6-E281-4146-AE5D-DB96BE6FF551.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	25147281

throw em in the pickle jar?

Comment

Can you believe these crunchy, tangy, and sweet pickled jalapenos are ready in under 10 minutes?! After trying this quick pickled jalapeno recipe, I promise you will never go back to jarred jalapenos again. This recipe

Comment

You da man! Thank you!

Comment

Candied jalapeño are good to. And super easy to make.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
            Cool! I will Google that and check it out . Thank you.

Comment

Comment

I made several batches last year. None left. These go great with BBQ'd pork....pulled pork is awesome!

Comment

I bring a 50/50 water and white vinegar mix to a boil. Add a dash of salt to each jar of fresh peppers and top off with the liquid. Seal the jars and let them sit for a week or so. You can also add a few cloves of garlic and baby carrots if you like.

Comment

This^^^ is very true

Homemade pickled jalapenos (cowboy candy) are sweet and spicy. They add a kick to burgers, salads, and snacks! SO easy - and these have a secret ingredient that makes them extra good. #cowboycandy #recipe #refrigerator #smallbatch

Candied ones ^^^^
                    Last edited by AntlerCollector; 05-16-2018, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      Lol

Comment

We pickled some last year and they turned out great, will do more this year. i just googled the instructions and it is easy. By the way i sliced most of them and they are all gone!

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
                          I made several batches last year. None left. These go great with BBQ'd pork....pulled pork is awesome!
                          This is good to know. In addition to having too many jalapeños it appears I also have a surplus on pork. The big sow in the picture is on ice.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B8A757BE-4964-4548-9727-410657DCA9C3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	24539521

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                            This is good to know. In addition to having too many jalapeños it appears I also have a surplus on pork. The big sow in the picture is on ice.

[ATTACH]908308[/ATTACH]
                            Dang man, you gonna have to fence off that feeder. The deer aint getting nuthin from that deal.

Comment

Do they come out soft this way? The issue I had for years was most recipes call for boiling them in jars for like 8-10 min. I am sure thats to cover their butt, safety wise, but that makes em too soft. A few years ago a guy I know brought some and they were excellent. He gave me his recipe and it called for more vinegar, less water and pouring the simmering water/vinegar/salt mixture straight into the jars filled with japs and sealing immediately. No boiling after. This barely cooks them so they still have a bit of texture, but the lids still suck down.

Comment

Working...
                              X