Shout out to RiverRat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shout out to RiverRat

Spent the weekend with Tim and his brother Jason on their place at Bend, TX hunting for porkers. Even had 2 of my grandkids along.

I managed to stick a nice little 30-35 pounder while the rest of my crew slept in.

Tim and Jason are great hosts and went way above and beyond what was expected to try and make our hunt a success. And a success it was even though the critter count was only 1 pig and 1 raccoon.

They have a beautiful place and we hope to be able to return someday.

I think they sell a limited number of hunts but if you get the opportunity to hunt with them, I highly recommend you take the offer.

Thanks again Tim and Jason - we had a great time.

Trailboss

It was great having you, your sons, and 2 grandkids there.

And since neither are on TBH can we say how many missed shots there were? LOL

Comment

Tim has an awesome place, how is the house coming along?

Comment

Tim, I don't know you but by looking at the pictures I know the place. Really looks nice since you started clearing. I just don't think I could handle the traffic driving through all the time.

Comment

House is going ok. I will update with pictures in about a week. I'm going to have real water pressure in the cabin soon. We are having the trim carpenter do some work in the cabin also to make it even nicer.

You mean the traffic 1/2 mile away at the park entrance? And that is over 1 mile from the cabin. Place is about as remote as it gets other than the park.

Comment

Please keep posting up pics of your house as you move toward completion. From what you've shown earlier it looks like a beautiful place.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              It was great having you, your sons, and 2 grandkids there.

And since neither are on TBH can we say how many missed shots there were? LOL
              Yeah, let's just say it would be a good time to be in the arrow selling business! But I think it the fun outweighed the cost!

Trailboss

Comment

Tim do you have a public road going through your place?

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                  Tim do you have a public road going through your place?
                  No. My driveway is at the pay station for the state park. Maybe that's what Hornet Hunter was talking about. But it doesn't affect us as we have +/- 600 yards of driveway (I guess you would call it) from the gate to the hunting land.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    No. My driveway is at the pay station for the state park. Maybe that's what Hornet Hunter was talking about. But it doesn't affect us as we have +/- 600 yards of driveway (I guess you would call it) from the gate to the hunting land.
                    Gotcha

Comment

Tim, has a great place and he and his brother are good people. looking forward to going back this fall.

Comment

Working...
                      X