Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what can i put on my face to heal a scrape?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what can i put on my face to heal a scrape?

well long story short, when i was playing basketball with some friends i slipped on some gravel and scraped a dime piece off of my cheek.

well now its really red and it has been like that for three days. i have been putting a bandaid on it with some polysporin along with some hortisone cream.
    but it still looks the same..

anyone have any ideas of how i can speed up the healing time a bit?

thanks guys

brandon lee

neosporin ???

call a dermatologists ofc and ask for some advice

Comment

aloe vera straight from the plant

Comment

neosporin helps cut heal 3 days faster

Comment

Do not let it get dry. This is where your scarring will get you. Keep neosporin on it always. Don't worry about how long it takes.

Comment

Bag Balm

Comment

one of my friends got road rash on his face really bad i think he just put neosporin on it and now you cant even tell he ever got road rash.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                aloe vera straight from the plant
                X2

Comment

uhm ok maybe ill give neosporin try. i know its not infected since i've been putting peroxide on it today and it dont bubble or tingle so...

mhmmm.. im not sure where i can find someone with an aloe vera plant though..
                  i do have a topical on right now that has some aloe vera in it though..

yeah i just got my dermatologists number so ill be giving them a call tomorrow.

do yall think i should leave a bandaid on all the time or just let the scrape dry out? i heard that if i let it dry out that it would scab and could possibly leave a scar..

this scrape isnt that bad or deep it just looks really nasty... kinda like a "cherry" from carpet burn or something like that..

Comment

uhm okay got it.. dont let it dry.. i guess my past sources were right..

imma call my grandma to see if she has one of those plants. if not then i guess im out of luck on that one and ill just keep applying the polysporin

thanks for yalls help guys

Comment

That purple wound spray for cows/horses you can get at the feed store is incredible stuff and better than anything we can buy at the pharmacy...course, you will look kind of funny for a few days.

Comment

I heard you can pee on it ... oh, wait a minute ... that's for jelly fish stings!

Carry on!

Comment

well i have already been wearing bandaids on my face.. it dont get much worse than that other than having a bigger scrape.. ha

i just havent seen any improvement with the polysporin and bandaids so thats why im getting a bit worried.

Comment

Bactriban or Mupirocin ointment

Comment

Cowboy up dude. Chicks dig scares...

Comment

Working...
                              X