My Joke of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Joke of the Day

An old country preacher had a teenage son, and it was getting time the boy should give some thought to choosing a profession. Like many young Men his age, the boy didn't really know what he wanted to do, and he didn't seem too concerned about it. One day, while the boy was away at school, his father decided to try an experiment. He went into the boy's room and placed on his study table four objects.
    1. Bible...
    2. A silver dollar...
    3. A bottle of whisky...
    4. And a Playboy magazine…

'I'll just hide behind the door,' the old preacher said to himself. 'When he comes home from school today, I'll see which object he picks up.

If it's the Bible, he's going to be a preacher like me, and what a blessing that would be!

If he picks up the dollar, he's going to be a business man, and that would be okay, too.

But if he picks up the bottle, he's going to be a no-good drunken bum, and Lord, what a shame that would be.

And worst of all if he picks up that magazine he's going to be a skirt-chasing womanizer.'

The old man waited anxiously, and soon heard his son's foot-steps as he entered the house whistling and headed for his room.

The boy tossed his books on the bed, and as he turned to leave the room he spotted the objects on the table..

With curiosity in his eye, he walked over to inspect them. Finally, he picked up the Bible and placed it under his arm. He picked up the silver dollar and dropped into his pocket. He uncorked the bottle and took a big drink, while he admired this month's centerfold.

'Lord have mercy,' the old preacher disgustedly whispered. 'He's gonna run for Congress.'

Sounds like a solid evening to me!

Comment

I like that one!

Comment

I would have said he would be a baptist!! Lol

Comment

Nice one

Comment

Dad, About Your Will…
            A man was telling his buddy, “You won’t believe what happened last night… My daughter walked into the living room and said, ‘Dad, cancel my allowance immediately, forget my college tuition loan, rent my room out, throw all my clothes out the window;

take my TV, and my laptop. Please take any of my jewelry to the Salvation Army or Cash Converters. Then, sell my car, take my front door key away from me and throw me out of the house. Then, disown me and never talk to me again. And don’t forget to write me out of your will and leave my share to any charity you choose.’ “

“Holy Smokes,” replied the friend, “she actually said that?”

“Well, she didn’t put it quite like that, she actually said… ‘Dad, meet my new boyfriend – Mohammed. We’re going to work together on Hillary’s election campaign!’ ”

Comment

Working...
            X