Rocksprings area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rocksprings area

Been looking at properties around rocksprings thinking of buying a piece 50-100acres in the next couple years. Anything to look out for? Or things to know down there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cant do much of anything with that I'd say try for 300 or more at least. Having a quality water well should be high on your lost also.

Comment

It will be just for me and my wife to hunt.

Comment

Drove through Rock Sprinfgs this past weekend and saw some huge thropy caliber axis out there.

Comment

Most of the smaller properties like that are in "subdivisions". Be sure you get all the info and restrictions beforehand. A lot of them will boast a shared well. Stay away from anything shared. If you don't mind looking around and seeing a blind on every nole, then 50 acres will work. We have been looking for property in and around rocksprings for a while now. Investors are ruining that place. They're buying up ranches, busting them up in small tracks and selling them like crazy. The hunting is turning more into a day lease style rather than letting something walk to get some age on it.
          You are money ahead of if you start looking a little more West. Val Verde Sutton Counties. Still a good number of exotics and a little better quality of Whitetails. You can buy more acreage cheaper than Rocksprings too.

Comment

I am about 45 mins. west of Rock Springs but its been fun.....May sell if interested

Comment

Edwards Co in general seems to be the capital of bigger ranches getting chopped into 50-100 acre blocks. There are always lots of these places for sale. As mentioned, most are in subdivision type settings with most putting up some kind of shed for a camp house. Most don't have electricity or water on site so be aware of that. Look into restrictions and "rules" on the place. See a ton of places that are 50 ac and have 3 deer stands on them. If it were me, I'd try and find something a little bigger with less people and traffic. Most of these places have one road through the place that everyone uses...

Comment

Buddy of mines bought 100 ac a few years sgo. Kept it about 3 years the sold it for about double. Nothing with horns survived the trigger happy neighbors. Like stated. shared wells suck! You'll love that drive from Dayton too!
                Last edited by Traildust; 07-24-2017, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 7m STW View Post
                  Cant do much of anything with that I'd say try for 300 or more at least. Having a quality water well should be high on your lost also.
                  300 or more? Not everyone has 600k or more laying around.

Comment

I just closed on a property (30 Acres - $ 63 K) 15 Miles away from Rocksprings last year about this time.

It took me a while but I found it on the site: landsoftexas.com. If you're a Veteran ... Don't forget the Texas Veteran's Land Board.

Comment

I've hunted rocksprings my whole life. Deer out there will range miles if they're missing something. I've seen the same deer at two places over a mile apart several times.

You can be successful on a smallish place, if all of your neighbors are on board with only shooting older deer, and they're not tagging out every year. If your surrounded by small places and everybody around you tags out, your gonna have a rough time of it.

Also, be sure to ask about anthrax.

My family combined, has just shy of 1500 acres for sale, and just decided to list it as two separate sections(country road splits it almost in half). As far as I'm aware we're not going to split it up any smaller than that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I think rock springs has been plundered and pillaged by developers to the point that there won't be much game to hunt out there in another 10 years. Everyone is buying up these 50 acres tracks and think they will be able to hunt on it forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                          Buddy of mines bought 100 ac a few years sgo. Kept it about 3 years the sold it for about double. Nothing with horns survived the trigger happy neighbors. Like stated. shared wells suck! You'll love that drive from Dayton too!

Yea the drive doesn't sound too fun but I work shift work and get my long changes so I think I could handle it if I got to stay a week every month.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            I think rock springs has been plundered and pillaged by developers to the point that there won't be much game to hunt out there in another 10 years. Everyone is buying up these 50 acres tracks and think they will be able to hunt on it forever.
                            LOL- I think not. The subdivision (Mailtrail Valley) has a ton of game and everyone takes pride in owning their own place. Our management plan seems to be working great but our smallest tract is 100 acres up to 500 acre tracts with a total of about 7,500 acres under our management program.

Comment

Originally posted by chrigging View Post
                              LOL- I think not. The subdivision (Mailtrail Valley) has a ton of game and everyone takes pride in owning their own place. Our management plan seems to be working great but our smallest tract is 100 acres up to 500 acre tracts with a total of about 7,500 acres under our management program.

The management will be the key. If everyone shoots everything they want because it's on their land then it will be an issue. I love it out there, and have been looking for land also. The property taxes they are getting should be illegal
                              Last edited by AntlerCollector; 07-24-2017, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X