Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ttt

Comment

My parents live in Abilene so I'm staying with them. I'm up for dinner on Tuesday though.

Comment

I haven't been out to that area in a while. What's good out there?

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
          I haven't been out to that area in a while. What's good out there?
          Last year we did a group meal at Perini's in Buffalo Gap which is just minutes from the park. It's a great place to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
            Last year we did a group meal at Perini's in Buffalo Gap which is just minutes from the park. It's a great place to eat.
            Sounds good to me! I will start another thread and post a link here.
            I reread the thread from last year again yesterday. That's a classic! I hope we see some good action!

Comment

Link to the dinner thread

Comment

I used a ladder stand in a huge pecan tree next to the restrooms in compartment 7. I really think I could have brushed in a small blind and been just as successful. Also th restroom has a covered porch with a half wall in front, whoever is in that section could probably so in a chair behind the wall and shoot them as they walk the road. Be about a 20-25 yard shot. Whatever you do think unconventional an listen to what te ranger Ryan says. It may sound funny but he knows how the deer move and will increase your chances. I had a blast there last year and met some great TBH'ers.

Comment

Word. Good time last year. I meet marsh. It was a blast.

Comment

Hey LilHoss, did you out in for this hunt this year?

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                      I used a ladder stand in a huge pecan tree next to the restrooms in compartment 7. I really think I could have brushed in a small blind and been just as successful. Also th restroom has a covered porch with a half wall in front, whoever is in that section could probably so in a chair behind the wall and shoot them as they walk the road. Be about a 20-25 yard shot. Whatever you do think unconventional an listen to what te ranger Ryan says. It may sound funny but he knows how the deer move and will increase your chances. I had a blast there last year and met some great TBH'ers.

I spoke to Ryan on the phone today, he seems like a good guy!
                      Did they make y'all wear orange vests?
                      I'm gonna bring my lock on and stuff to make ground blind.
                      Man I'm getting stoked about this!

Comment

Yes vest and hats were required. Do me a favor and when you meet Ryan tell him Ernest says 'Roll Tide"! (He's an Auburn grad)!

Comment

No live reports on this hunt?

Comment

Doesn't happen until next week. lol

Comment

ready for the stories and pics to start rolling in tommorow!

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                                ready for the stories and pics to start rolling in tommorow!
                                I'm pumped!! I'm gonna try to get this thread going! My cousin is a lurker but I told him he's gonna have to post too! I'm gonna be at at his house in Flowermound at 6 and then we are headed out!

Comment

Working...
                                X