No announcement yet.

Lake Grapevine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont hunt up there but do a lot of spring time fishing in denton creek for the running sand bass. and can tell ppl one thing. If you hunt on the north side of the creek up around where Henrietta creek flows into it u will certainly stick something its all tracked up.

Comment

Originally posted by jwiggins View Post
      Just wanted to let everyone know not to park on the side of 377. Also you cannot run a boat under the ropes across the creek just before the 377 bridge. Below is a response from the Corp as to both of these issues:

(1) There are several sets of marked rope barricades on either side of the TRA construction area crossing Denton Creek. . We have been warning people for a few weeks about crossing a NOTICABLE barricade, and staying out of the actual work area while construction is going on. Now there are divers getting the bags out via overhead cranes. The diversion channel has been removed. (This has kept the prepetual flow of the creek going for the fish traveling upstream to spawn. The boaters continue to disregard the barricades and now its a safety issue. This area is scheduled to be clear by mid week if and only if the public obeys and stays out of the barricaded work area.
      (2). A vehicle went thru the piped off area on the west side and was struck by a train. As a result and at the request of the Railroad, TXDOT has closed that area (it is in their road easement and as a courtousy was left open for use until now ). Along with this the CORPS has warned everyone that there is no parking along the highway,and it is now being enforced at the request of TXDOT due to disregard of the posted restrictions and the causing of traffic hazards. Trophy Club and Roanoake have been issuing warnings for two weeks, and have now started siting vehicles parked along the roadway. I hope this answers your questions

you cant park off 377 at all?

Comment

There is a parking lot on the northeast side of 377

Comment

so only the PL? You can't park on the side of the road?

Comment

yes only in the parking lot not on the side of the road but the land around the parking lot is no hunting. So to get to hunting land you have to walkdown 377 or swim across the creek.

Comment

Whoohoo! I got the call a few he's ago. I am so excited to hunt their again. I forgot to ask how many they drew and how many put in for it. Good luck to all and please let me know the numbers if you know.

Comment

550 app 250 hunt

Comment

Started a 2011 Grapevine thread for those that got drawn:

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                    I saw the deer that was poached at Syracuse. It was kill two or three days after mine and was a 170ish typical. Perfect rack with huge G2's. I'm pretty sure he was turned in because he did not have a permit. The rumor mill said he had been poaching deer out of there for years. This is probably the same guy that was killing deer a few years back and was reported on the news.

The Corps guys will do the right thing, they want us all to enjoy the land. Not sure if you guys filled out your surveys, but couple of my recommendations were to provided parking areas for hunters and preform a pre-season hunt meeting. I think knowing the guys you will be hunting around will go along way. For safety and looking out for each other. i.e. poachers.

Good luck to the hog hunters, pm me if you get anything. Would like to see some pics.
                    They should definitely do that in the future.

Comment

Working...
                    X