Evil Temptress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evil Temptress

I normally don't shoot a doe if she has a fawn with her still. This doe has been tempting me all morning. She has gone and came back 3 times and I have had her from 12 to 20 yrds multiple times this morning lol. She sure is making it hard on me this morning. I haven't gotten to release an arrow yet this season and my rookie bowhunting wife is spanking my tail by 2 so far. Baby is plenty big to make it but still has some spots. She better not show back up for a 4th visit.
    Attached Files

Is it just about the kill?...do not think so. Stay with your mindset...you may just be surprised as to what shows up next. Way to go wife!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Frederick D. Be View Post
      Is it just about the kill?...do not think so. Stay with your mindset...you may just be surprised as to what shows up next. Way to go wife!!!
      No its not just about the kill! I could have shot this doe opening weekend also but didn't. I am happier seeing my wife shoot and enjoy bowhunting. I do love bowhunting and killing does come along with that but with that said she is still making it hard me lol.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
        No its not just about the kill! I could have shot this doe opening weekend also but didn't. I am happier seeing my wife shoot and enjoy bowhunting. I do love bowhunting and killing does come along with that but with that said she is still making it hard me lol.
        A hunter that has graduated to the next level of hunting.

Comment

She knows that she has that "safety" with her. Stay your course and karma will reward you.

Comment

I did it about 5 years ago and won't do it again. I had missed a buck by inches the season before and said that the next legal deer that got close was toast. Fawn kept coming back looking and calling for momma. I just can't.

Comment

Drop her. They taste good.

Comment

I’ve seen that same deal on the ranch I run. This city hunter totally threw out the rules of what to and not to shoot and he shot the first doe that walked out so when we showed up to pick him up the fawn came in bleating and running around. Bad deal.

Comment

Shoot the fawn???? I guess that would solve your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Quanah11 View Post
                    I’ve seen that same deal on the ranch I run. This city hunter totally threw out the rules of what to and not to shoot and he shot the first doe that walked out so when we showed up to pick him up the dawn came in bleating and running around. Bad deal.
                    I wont shoot them either. I was just thinking this morning what an eveil temptress becaue she knows that baby is her cover and saving grace. This one has been tempting me on multiple sits. Just hoping she lures a buck in soon.

Comment

Passed up multiple does this weekend. I feel like if I question whether or not I want to shoot even once I just won’t do it. Even though I’d love to have some fresh back straps right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We shoot does with fawns. Once a doe has raised a fawn or two she is expendable.

Comment

Wait until they line up a little closer and you could tie your wife with one shot.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                            I normally don't shoot a doe if she has a fawn with her still. This doe has been tempting me all morning. She has gone and came back 3 times and I have had her from 12 to 20 yrds multiple times this morning lol. She sure is making it hard on me this morning. I haven't gotten to release an arrow yet this season and my rookie bowhunting wife is spanking my tail by 2 so far. Baby is plenty big to make it but still has some spots. She better not show back up for a 4th visit.
                            If you gonna shoot momma, shoot baby too.

Comment

Great decoy for a buck!!

Comment

Working...
                              X