No announcement yet.

"Cold Shooting" Form Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a long while since I used a dynamic release.

This is just 5 cold shots for Coach Arne to evaluate.

I just let it happen, without trying to enhance, or over emphasize it.

Any & All input is welcome.

Rick

Comment

I've never been able to improve my accuracy using a dynamic release, but it's no worse either. It just boils down to "more movement" for me.

I'm a control freak, and the static release makes me feel more in control of the shot, therefore more confident.

Still, the dynamic release will/does work better for most folks, but if you are over bowed (even just a little bit) a static release will eat you alive.

Rick

Comment

My bow arm collapsed on every shot in this last video..

I normally don't do that, but am tired, plus I was shooting at my broadhead target, which is setting head high. I think the upward angle may have had some to do with it. Who knows, but I was most definitely collapsing.

Rick

Comment

Could you explain what type of collapse you mean on these dynamic release shots. Do you mean bow arm is moving some at release? It seems to be just recoiling a little when releasing the shot.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
            Could you explain what type of collapse you mean on these dynamic release shots. Do you mean bow arm is moving some at release? It seems to be just recoiling a little when releasing the shot.
            It is only a slight collapse, which looks worse than it is due to the quiver induced torque of the bow.

It's more of a thing I feel, than see, although the video did confirm that feeling for me.

Upon conclusion of the shot, the bow should preferably go forward due to the apposing forces, or at the very least not ever move backward. If it moves backward you have collapsed, and that is generally due to a loss of back tension.

If you watch the first video with using the static release, you'll notice even though my bow is rocking right, my bow arm is staying fully extended.

When shooting the dynamic release, I'm not used to it, so trying to do it right causes me to relax when I should not. Couple that with being tired, and I was getting a little collapse. Nothing serious, and simply a matter of practicing to the point of being used to the dynamic release to rid myself of it.

That said - I like my static release, because I'm a control freak, so I'll likely stick with it, even if it isn't textbook correct. - Which is back to the point of all of this - Find what works for you, know why it works, and you then have a solid foundation to work with, especially to work with toward improvement if you're of a mind to do so.

Rick

Comment

Thanks, Rick. I believe I understand what you mean. I would imagine that your heavy bow requires you to "brace" your muscles fairly specifically to be steady at the moment of release.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

Collapsing is a sure sign of shooting while tired. Extreme cases is when your shoulder goes forward just a bit as the bow hand comes back and to the left a tad. I usually shoot low but in line when I do it.

Comment

Working...
                X