Old Mexico 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whampuscat2 View Post
    First time poster, read this thread this weekend. Interesting with some good information. Heard from a friend that Angadi had a place around the crossing at Larado that would dip your Cape for you. Was wondering if anyone had had any better success after getting their capes done by them?

Some very old info. You haven’t been allowed to dip capes for years. Maybe 10 plus years now. It’s been a long time ago.

Any ticks dead or alive and your cape is rejected and you have to take it back to Mexico

Comment

Picked ticks for along time last year. They found one dead tick and sent us back across. It’s not even worth the headache anymore. She kept combing through until she found one. No way to get them all picked out. You could tell from her attitude she wasn’t letting those hides in. Not worth messing with for us. I can get good big south Texas capes. I would rather spend that time driving around shooting coyotes.

Comment

Originally posted by hogmess View Post
        Picked ticks for along time last year. They found one dead tick and sent us back across. It’s not even worth the headache anymore. She kept combing through until she found one. No way to get them all picked out. You could tell from her attitude she wasn’t letting those hides in. Not worth messing with for us. I can get good big south Texas capes. I would rather spend that time driving around shooting coyotes.
        We were crossing back with meat and horns, and the lady checking us out was almost bragging about rejecting over 90% of the capes. She didn't seem to helpful. Wish they would come up with something reasonable.

Comment

we have dealt with a different lady and she always brags how well we pick ticks. Maybe this lady was just having a bad day but sure seemed like she was hunting hard to find hat one tick to send us back.

Comment

After years of exasperation trying to cross capes with mixed but mostly poor success I am telling my hunters they have 2 choices this year. 1) Get your deer mounted in Mexico and I will then cross it , or 2) cross without a cape and buy one in the U.S.

I am done crossing capes

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
              After years of exasperation trying to cross capes with mixed but mostly poor success I am telling my hunters they have 2 choices this year. 1) Get your deer mounted in Mexico and I will then cross it , or 2) cross without a cape and buy one in the U.S.

I am done crossing capes

X1000 crossing a cape doesn’t even cross my mind any more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                X1000 crossing a cape doesn’t even cross my mind any more

Yup, haven't done it in years.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                  Yup, haven't done it in years.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Sad really...heck i had a lady one time almost turn me back cause i missed a piece of meat (smaller than a tic tac) right at the base of the horns. I ripped it off and she said i couldn’t throw it in the trash. So i opened the cooler and threw it in with the rest of the meat. Said “guess it’s legal now!” And shut the lid she didn’t have a come back and i was pretty hot at that point. Some of those BP folks get under my skin.

Comment

Does anyone have a copy of all the season dates for this year?

Comment

Originally posted by MTinnin View Post

There’s a calendar on this thread somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                        There’s a calendar on this thread somewhere

I was hoping my lazy butt wouldn’t have to look it back up. Ha ha

Comment

here is tamps
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MTinnin View Post

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                              Sad really...heck i had a lady one time almost turn me back cause i missed a piece of meat (smaller than a tic tac) right at the base of the horns. I ripped it off and she said i couldn’t throw it in the trash. So i opened the cooler and threw it in with the rest of the meat. Said “guess it’s legal now!” And shut the lid she didn’t have a come back and i was pretty hot at that point. Some of those BP folks get under my skin.

We have never crossed with the meat. The ranch hands are always quick to take it and some goes to needy people in town.

Comment

For those hunting around the Nuevo L & surrounding areas.
                                12 Point taxidermy has a shop in Anahuac and generally can meet for pickup.
                                They do great work on mounts and are very reasonably priced.
                                Crossed 2 mounts out @ Colombia and the guys asked where I got them mounted, 12 point was mentioned and they said they knew his work and barely looked at the hide. 20 minutes and we were gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X