No announcement yet.

Who preps for an EMP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a small nuclear explosion in the atmosphere overhead of the intended target would work as an EMP according to scientists IINM so not so out of the realm of possibility.

Comment

There’s a difference between being prepared and being paranoid. The guy I rent my shop from falls into the latter category and worries about EMP’s. He also worries about trees falling on his car as he drives down the road, getting trapped in his house as it’s burning, and all sorts of other stuff.

It’s a good idea to carry jumper cables, some tools, a jug of water, some cash, and a pistol, in order to be prepared for likely scenarios, but I’m not going to start wrapping my car electronics in foil.

A 3 mph pace carrying a pack is moving along pretty good, especially if it’s hot out and you have much elevation to deal with. The vast majority of people would be tapped out after 2 hours, it would be a very small handful that would still be going in 12.

Comment

While an emp could possibly be utilized, I’d wager that a coordinated hack of the grid would be more likely at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm not worried... I carry my key fob in a tinfoil pouch.

Comment

Man too bad my ARs all were lost in that boat accident, they were all Y2K / EMP / whatever is the next panic compliant...

I will say this after 9/11 I don't let my truck get so low on gas. Before 9/11 I would push it until light came on before I started looking for gas stations but almost ran out trying to find gas on the way home from work. First 3 stations I stopped at were out of gas. Now about 1/4 tank and I fill up.

Comment

Be prepared

I am ready for it.
              Attached Files

Comment

There are so many scenarios of things that could happen no way to plan for them all. It is a good idea to have basic survival and food supplies and a way to travel. A TBH member mentioned about a year ago that probably the biggest threat is our welfar system going bankrupt. Mass rioting of desperate hungry people could get ugly fast.
                Last edited by sharkhunter; 08-01-2018, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                  There are so many senators of things that could happen no way to plan for them all in detail. It is a good idea to have basic survival and food supplies and a way to travel. A TBH member mentioned about a year ago that probably the biggest threat is our welfar system going bankrupt. Mass rioting of desperate hungry people could get ugly fast.
                  The government will NEVER let that system go broke. They’ll print money til the end of time to keep it running.

Comment

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
                    The government will NEVER let that system go broke. They’ll print money til the end of time to keep it running.
                    There has been a lot of “never will happen” that have happened in history. I have little faith in our gavermebt to do anything much less manage money.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                      There are so many scenarios of things that could happen no way to plan for them all. It is a good idea to have basic survival and food supplies and a way to travel. A TBH member mentioned about a year ago that probably the biggest threat is our welfar system going bankrupt. Mass rioting of desperate hungry people could get ugly fast.
                      This is the best way to deal with emergency preparedness.

Start with the most likely to happen. Be prepared for financial problems, loss of employment, health problems causing you not to be able to work etc .

Then prepare for whatever is the most common disasters in your geographical region. Floods, wildfires, hurricanes, tornadoes. Be ready for a worst case scenario should whatever it may be happen with supplies and a plan. Once you reach this point, you are probably pretty well prepared for anything.

Most people live in piles of debt these days and aren't prepared for much of anything, much less something out of the ordinary.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                        If at work.. i'm knocking some ******* off his bicycle.. riding it up the block and waiting for the power to come back on in a bar before the beer goes warm.
                        I'm 60+ miles from casa.
                        Really didn't need to take the bike..but it would feel real good to knock one of those guys on their asses.
                        This here made my night! Now I’m in trouble for spitting snuff all over the coffee table. Told my wife it was an EMP blast.......she didn’t laugh.

Comment

I figure I can grab my elk backpack stuff and my AR and be pretty good [emoji4]

Comment

Weird timing. Just talking about this yesterday. Bought an EMP proof car last week. Thought I was going to flip it. May hold off a bit.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I was caught up in that 2005 hurricane traffic out of Houston, it took 32 hours to drive 188 miles to my weekend home when I lived in Harris County. That experience opened my eyes to society. There were a couple of shootings along the way and no they weren’t the hoodlum types, they were Joe America in Super duty F 250s that thought they owned the roads. IMO anyone in one of the major cities if an emp occurs will not make it if it’s long term.

Comment

I've heard a lot about this type stuff on the late night radio show Coast to Coast. Pretty interesting to hear the conspiracy theorist and fringe end of timers talk about some of this stuff. Its all entertaining, but I don't worry about it too much. Nothing wrong with some basic preparedness, but I'm not gonna start lining the inside of my baseball caps with tin foil, at least not just yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X