This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hrdwrkncwby76 View Post
    how many feeders ya got out? are you getting any daytime activity or all at night?
    got one timed feeder out and two pig pipes out....they are getting hit regular now sometimes during midday but mostly right after sundown and of course throughout the night....

Comment

I was gonna try using the pipes when I got back. How are they working for ya? what area have you been hunting the pigs in? was the "hot spot" map any help? I found a couple of awesome areas but wasn't able to hunt them due to deployment I nailed a 120# sow last spring in area 36 and found a bunch of them in area 300 but could never close the deal on them.

Comment

hot spot map helped some but for the most part i found the signs from scouting around for turkey spots.....

Comment

How about axis deer. Y'all ever see any or know where they are?
          I used to hunt Hood in the early 80's and also in the early 70's when I was stationed there.

Comment

I have heard of them there but from what I've heard they are all out in the Live Fire areas. Personally I've never seen one yet on post

Comment

have not seen or heard of any sightings ....didnt know they had axis on hood......

Comment

Yeah I guess every once in a while they will get Axis and Blackbuck's on base

Comment

sweet....man id love to get a blackbuck one day with my bow.....

Comment

Hood hogs

Is the offer still good, I'm off on Friday.

Comment

riley pm sent....ill be in oklahoma hog hunting for memorial day weekend

Comment

If you are military or DOD, I have seen Axis on Camp Bullis in San Antonio. I drive by to get to my parent place and see them along the fence line every once in a while. I haven't hunted there since I got out of the Army so I don't know any more about it.

Comment

Oklahoma hogs?

How did you do in OK this past weekend?

Comment

yea i got a nice hog for the barbeque pit.....im ready to get some of these dam ft hood hogs already....we need to get together and get started....im sure my feeders are empty by now..

Comment

Hogs

You got it we need to meet tomorrow. Maybe we can get In Friday night I have the kids sat and I have duty sunday but I can't wait to stick something

Comment

friday night sounds god but since the feeder is dry it would not be good to hunt that area...we could always spot and stalk but that is hit or miss ....i am filling the feeders friday after work...

Comment

Working...
                                X