Name this cop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name this cop

Ok, curiosity has the best of me. Been seeing a white Tahoe or Yukon on 99 northbound from I-10 just about every day on my way home. Totally unmarked except has a search light on the driver's mirror and a low profile roof mount CB antennae. Plates are not exempt, dark tint but I can still see a prisoner cage for the 2nd row seats. What LEO agency/position rolls like this?

Could be US Marshall's or Feds, local PD or Sheriff's Office or constables office. Hard to say exactly.

Comment

US Marshall. Prisoner transport?

Comment

Border Patrol? There is one that sits on I-10 east near Lake Charles also.
        The one near L C is border patrol.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
          Yep, there’s a couple of them. Every day.

Comment

Maybe somebody can learn me. I sometimes travel to Mississippi/Alabama along the coast for work. The last time I went was the first time I drove, and I saw at least 4 different border patrol guys on the side of i10 in Mississippi. I also saw a truckload of border patrol vehicles on an 18-wheeler headed east. I’m sure I’m missing something, but what are they looking for so far from what I’d assume is a heavily crossed border?

Comment

Non exempt plates probably means private owner. Could be used for side gigs or some constables pay for their ride and have magnetic decals

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                Ok, curiosity has the best of me. Been seeing a white Tahoe or Yukon on 99 northbound from I-10 just about every day on my way home. Totally unmarked except has a search light on the driver's mirror and a low profile roof mount CB antennae. Plates are not exempt, dark tint but I can still see a prisoner cage for the 2nd row seats. What LEO agency/position rolls like this?
                If I were to guess I'd say Border Patrol or something along that lines. With all the construction out there I bet its easy fishing for them.

I roll 99 from Mason all the way to 290 twice a day almost every day, 5:30am & 4pm ish. In the morning there are Sheriffs and Constables shooting laser 2 or 3 times a week. In the evenings I see Sheriffs and DPS working that stretch, again 2 or 3 times per week. Most of the time the Sheriff is in pickup while the Constable and DPS are in Tahoes.

Comment

Originally posted by neskora View Post
                  Maybe somebody can learn me. I sometimes travel to Mississippi/Alabama along the coast for work. The last time I went was the first time I drove, and I saw at least 4 different border patrol guys on the side of i10 in Mississippi. I also saw a truckload of border patrol vehicles on an 18-wheeler headed east. I’m sure I’m missing something, but what are they looking for so far from what I’d assume is a heavily crossed border?
                  Smugglers. I10 is one of the main corridors and the illegals get smuggled to points further North.

Comment

Non exempt on non .gov plates lead me to believe a private individual bought it at a police auction after the vehicle was retired.

We see crown vics around here all the time with the push bar and search light still mounted but with regular old Texas plates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

You cant put exempt on cop cars that are unmarked. Exempt only goes on vehicles that have markings on vehicle ie police or school district vehicles

I drove a crown vic, charger, and tahoe for swat limo tint all the way around low pro antenna and spotlight.

Comment

I saw one of those sitting in the median close to Lake Charles on Sunday. But he was clearly marked as Border Patrol.

Comment

Haul arse by him tomorrow and find out!

Comment

We have under the radar vehicles down here, but never notice till the circus lights come on pulling someone over...I would assume it has to be more than speeding to give up their ID, but haven't asked which dept it could be from those that may know?? Figured it was just nature of the beast for my area.

Most are on 281 between the valley & Fal checkpoint...seen 4 door Ford / Dodge & a couple of GM 1/2 trucks which I sorta thought was clever. No opportunity to confirm plates.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Phil View Post
                              I roll 99 from Mason all the way to 290 twice a day almost every day, 5:30am & 4pm ish. In the morning there are Sheriffs and Constables shooting laser 2 or 3 times a week. In the evenings I see Sheriffs and DPS working that stretch, again 2 or 3 times per week. Most of the time the Sheriff is in pickup while the Constable and DPS are in Tahoes.
                              Yeah, they are brutal on people coming off the overpass. Guy in the truck sits at the bottom of the hill just nailing people. He's got me at 85 a few times but folks were passing me at the time so I didn't get picked. Also didn't jam the brakes and look guilty

That is why I noticed this one. He's been behind me a couple times and I thought grill lights were about the light me up but I moved over to the right and he blew on by.
                              Last edited by TexaRican; 02-27-2018, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X