No announcement yet.

LBJ Grasslands 2015-2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fyi for ticks I'm using Sawyer insect repellent on all my gear. Its main ingredient is permethrien... Or something like that any way it's what we treated our gear with in the military and it doesn't just repel it also kills and dries scent free and one treatment lasts several months. Also inexpensive.

Comment

i have some digital maps, send me your email, i dont have enough posts to send to you you from here.

Comment

Originally posted by artillery View Post
        Fyi for ticks I'm using Sawyer insect repellent on all my gear. Its main ingredient is permethrien... Or something like that any way it's what we treated our gear with in the military and it doesn't just repel it also kills and dries scent free and one treatment lasts several months. Also inexpensive.
        Where did you get it?

Comment

Originally posted by sethcros View Post
          Where did you get it?
          Order it from sportsman guide

Comment

Originally posted by sethcros View Post
            Where did you get it?

Walmart has it.

Comment

I got in some ticks a few months ago. Freaked the hell out of me. I think I caught them quickly though

Comment

Originally posted by artillery View Post

Thanks for the info

Comment

With that Sawyer insect repellent make sure you follow the directions. Its powerful stuff you don't want it on your skin, put your gear on before it dries, or the little ones getting into it. But the stuff works.

Comment

X2 on getting that stuff on your skin when wet. It'll make ya sick, real sick. But once dry, the ticks hate it!

I buy mine at TSC in condensed form. Then dilute as needed pending the type of pest I'm trying to control.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      X2 on getting that stuff on your skin when wet. It'll make ya sick, real sick. But once dry, the ticks hate it!

I buy mine at TSC in condensed form. Then dilute as needed pending the type of pest I'm trying to control.

So spray it on, then let it dry before putting on hunting clothes?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                        So spray it on, then let it dry before putting on hunting clothes?
                        Correct. It has no odor once dry. I also dilute the concentrate down and spray my pop-ups with it to keep the spiders out with the TSC stuff. They even have instructions for spraying livestock that varies with the type of livestock. As well as how to use around the barn to keep insect pest out. It comes in a few varieties. Sawyer, Repel, TSC (concentrate with instructions for mixing down), are a few. The Sawyer and Repel are "ready for use" type on human clothing and such.
                        Last edited by Texas Grown; 08-19-2015, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                          Correct. It has no odor once dry. I also dilute the concentrate down and spray my pop-ups with it to keep the spiders out with the TSC stuff. They even have instructions for spraying livestock that varies with the type of livestock. As well as how to use around the barn to keep insect pest out. It comes in a few varieties. Sawyer, Repel, TSC (concentrate with instructions for mixing down), are a few. The Sawyer and Repel are "ready for use" type on human clothing and such.

Cool thanks Mike

Comment

Anyone go out this weekend?

Comment

I'm going to be out there tomorrow

Comment

Almost went out yesterday after church but the heat and 90 min drive talked me out of it. Need to get up early in the next few weeks though and make it out. Have a few spots of interest scouted out. Just need to pick out trees and ground blind spots.

Comment

Working...
                                X