recommended polaris tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

recommended polaris tires

What is good affordable set of polaris ranger tires an where did you get them? I have a 900 xp the factory tires were junk an I am in need of a new set. lots of rocks an mesquite thorns where I am.

I have Journey brand on mine from Discount Tire. Filled them with slime and no flats. Every once and a while I have to pull out thorns but the leak seals right up. I can't remember what I paid for them.

Comment

Check your Polaris dealer and see if he has any take offs. These are factory tires that were replaced with bling bling wheels and usually larger tires. Usually about $50 each.

Comment

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Find you a place that sells Multi Seal. Its like green slime but better. I know some guys down around Corpus and Beeville that swear by it with the thorns and rocks. I have also heard that the guys at the tire shop wont want to murder you when they change tires cause it doesnt cause the mess the green slime does.

Comment

THere was set in the classifieds earlier

Comment

I put multi seal in my factory xp900 tires since day one. Best $100 I’ve spent(4x$20 + $20 shipping). I had to call manufacturer and get it direct. Nobody had it close by and Amazon was out of stock.

Comment

If your problem is flats from mesquite thorns then a good tire sealant will help. I use berryman's, some other brands may be better or worse. I've only had one flat in 4 years that required dismounting the tire, and on that one I just had to smear the sealant to where the hole was (on the sidewall). The inside of the tire was full of thorns. I've had a couple of leaks that I fixed by sticking a thorn into the hole until the sealant stopped the leak and then snapping the thorn off flush with the tire.

If you're slicing your tires on rocks then sealant won't help; you need one of the brands with kevlar.

Comment

I bought some mud lites off amazon from atv outfitters for kids 4-wheeler. They had 6 and 8 ply UTV stuff

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I have been on factory tires for two years with rocks,cactus,thorns not a problem yet. I sealed them with multi seal still going.

Comment

Comment

I replaced the 4-ply factory tires with 10-ply Kanati Mongrels. I think they were like $10/tire more than factory replacements. They have been crazy good tires.

And I run Berryman's Tire Sealer in mine. Don't mess with the green stuff.

Comment

No help on recommendation but I will say to steer clear of real aggressive tires.

I bought a Polaris Sportsman with a real aggressive mud tire... They tear up the bearings. Less than 1000 miles and 200 hours on it. All bearings are bad.

My next set will be an all terrain.

Comment

I have 8 ply ITP tires made for rock and they are great. I think they are Bajacross

Comment

Update on Berrymans: Tractor Supply has quit carrying it; you may be able to find some on closeout. Last I got was $20/gal. You can also order it online.

After using it for 6 years I'm getting leaks, lots of them. The tires are full of mesquite thorns but it seems to be relatively small holes that are leaking. I can actually see the sealant is leaking out, so it's lost it's effectiveness. As a temporary solution I've been poking small thorns back in the holes and adding more berrymans. I'm thinking a permanent solution is to dismount the tires, wash out the sealant, pull all the thorns I can, remount, and add new sealant.

Comment

Working...
                              X