No announcement yet.

Mock Scrapes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We better not mention a tampax hanging from a bush huh?

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
      Haha... They make excellent drags!

That's fine if yall want think it's crazy. I guess y'all need pics for proof.

Comment

I peed in one yesterday and hung a camera on it. We shall see what it produces next trip to the lease. I have had lots of luck with them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

I want trail cam proof lol jk peed off my stand once on near by tree....hours later i had 2 young bucks cruz on in....im a believer

Comment

Here you go: http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/...eestand#page-2

Comment

Originally posted by SnJGuin View Post
              Thanks! I read a couple of articles (because, I can't lie, I'm skeptical) and it seems that they don't necessarily associate human urine with human scent unless you give them a reason to. I'll probably give it a shot actually and stick my camera on it. If anyone else has some pictures of deer over scrapes they peed in it would be cool to see them! This whole concept is so bizarre to me as I've always done everything I can to mask any possible foreign scent lol

Comment

I absolutely pee in scrapes. No joke. I have had bucks check them as soon as an hour after.

Comment

Originally posted by nubhunter View Post
                  this cant be true lol
                  Goes against everything you "Thought" bout deer hunting!!!
                  I have 100's of pics of scrapes I made using my own pee. You would be surprised what will show up. Got a pic of a big buck I never knew existed till then. He showed up on camera about 8 hrs. after I made it.
                  I think my best scrape was one in Ks. In less than 12 hrs., I had 7 different bucks hit it but I was more surprised by the number of does that came to it. I had 12 does, just not sure if it was the same ones that just kept coming back or not, but all were at different times through out the night.
                  Just last year, I peed off the stand. 30 minutes later, a doe came in and wandered under my tree. Stood in my pee sniffin away. Walked back to the clearing and went back to feeding.

Comment

Believe it or not, I've actually had deer run in to my stand sight as I was wheezing off the side of it!

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                      I use them. I told my wife to hurry up and get me some ready!

Comment

It works I've used them for 3 years. The trick is you just have to put them in the right spot. I've seen that they like a tree that's on its own or trees that are on top of ridges. I've put them on random trees and got little to no results. If you happen to see a licking branch then it'll be gold if you keep freshen it up. For three years I've had deer come to one big tree that they just like. They'll ignore the others and come straight for that one.

Comment

Cant be no different than your dog coming along behind you peeing where you just peed. (even for a guy named backwoods, that comment felt redneck as all get out )

Comment

This is why I love this site -- Learned I can make my own scrape without spending the $$ on the dripper and "bottled liquids".

Comment

I peed in a scrape last season after a story from a friend peeked my interests, then had a buck come flying through and hit the brakes as soon as he caught a whiff! I am a believer.

Comment

I always make a scrape around my stand. Find an overhanging branch about 4' off the ground, then make your scrape. I pee in it every time I hunt there.

Comment

Working...
                                X