Any Rut Activity Just N. of Hondo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Rut Activity Just N. of Hondo

Any rut activity just north of Hondo. I have a chance to sneak out tomorrow AM. Thanks for any reports.

A friend was seeing different-better bucks late last week in Medina Co near Natalia...I can tell u it ain't happening in Dimmit Co near Catarina. Every doe has a four legged tow!! I hope Maverick is better tomorrow we shall see...going to be rattling/guiding heee...

Comment

We hunt in the same area just North of Hondo-- The Rut has been going good for the last month it seems. 1st of it started back on the Youth weekend ( the weekend before
      Season opener) - Every hunt since then I've seen good bucks trailing does.
      Thanksgiving weekend my son and I shot bucks that were both rutting hard.
      I'm going back this weekend.
      Where exactly are you located ?-- Would like to invite you over to the campfire.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	040.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	23965477

Comment

I just got back from sabinal. It was going on big time.

Comment

This weekend should be prime!!

Comment

It is cranking up, 8 miles south of Hondo!

Comment

I have a ranch between Hondo and Bandera and am there all the time. It is more like prerut avctivity than true rut activity, but never really think I have seen what I would call a true rut in the area in the 30+ years out there. To many does.

Comment

was there from 12/1-12/6 near Utopia (approx 10 miles near Seco Creek) and there was still a little interest but for the most part it was post rut, already wrapped up......the bucks we saw hot on does were on yearlings but still plenty of does/yearlings that didn't appear to have come into estrus yet....ranch owner said thanksgiving week was the most rutting acivity he'd seen but that they've pretty much been rutting since mid October which he said he'd never seen before....he's been there every weekend and most weeks of the season so far. Only 1 of the 3 bucks shot while I was there was showing any signs at all and it wasn't much... I whacked a big old aoudad who was interested in a few ewes though.....

Comment

Unfortunately I didn't see anything this AM. My little place is 2 miles after "Tarpley 15" sign on FM 462

Comment

I am 15 miles south of Hondo. I just got back this morning. It is full blown crazy right now. I even got the opportunity to watch 2 mature bucks in combat. I watched for 5 minutes from 15 yards as they engaged again and again. All three of us were wasted after the fight.

Comment

I hunted Sunday and Monday. The bucks are chasing does. If you have does youe should have a buck not far behind. We saw two good bucks both days, but they would not jump the fence.

Doublej-La and Refugioco. My ranch is about 7miles soouth of Hondo, turn down CR 545 just before you go over the big hill towards Yancey. I grew up in Yancey and most of my family lives there. I would be interested in meeting somewhere if yall got a chance.

Comment

hey

I have a lease between uvalde and rock springs any word around that area??

Comment

Caspd302, Would be glad to try and meet up sometime. Our place is off of CR 631, due east of you. Had a buddy just leave there and he saw some good fights and alot of broke horns.

Comment

Working...
                          X