No announcement yet.

Intermittent fasting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m going to give it a try I’m on day 2 now last meal was at 5. I know today I didn’t eat enough calories and I’m feeling it.

Comment

My wife has been doing the “fasting thing” for about 3 months. As with everything she does, she overdoes it. She read a book called “Delay, Not Deny” before she started and decided to go with the 5 hour eat time. Not long after starting it, she shifted to a 3 hour eat time. She decided to eat in the evening allowing us to go out for dinner every now and then. She doesn’t do it in cycles either, 7 days a week without fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post
        My wife has been doing the “fasting thing” for about 3 months. As with everything she does, she overdoes it. She read a book called “Delay, Not Deny” before she started and decided to go with the 5 hour eat time. Not long after starting it, she shifted to a 3 hour eat time. She decided to eat in the evening allowing us to go out for dinner every now and then. She doesn’t do it in cycles either, 7 days a week without fail.
        That’s intense...

Comment

IF is not a magic bullet. I have done it and don't perform well after multiple days of 6 hour feeding windows.

Counting calories > macro ratios > timing

If your wanting to lose weight you will need to be in a deficit. There is no way around this. I suspect that many people lose weight on IF just because they consume less than when they were completely free wheeling.

High protein diets regardless of carb/fat ratios perform better than low protein diets. Experiment a bit with what makes you feel the best. Different folks have very different tolerances and hormonal reactions to carbs... They are not evil but you may do better with less than someone else.

Food timing is less important than the two above.

The most important thing is choosing a sustainable approach to eating to meet your goals. If that is IF and keto then awesome. If it is IIFYM and carb cycling great.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
            That’s intense...
            My wife told me to add that she didn’t really show any weight loss for about 3 weeks. Any diet change take a while for your body to shift to it.

Comment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

It works very well.

Comment

I don't do the fasting thing, but I adjusted my diet by cutting out all sweets and refined sugars. also no triglycerides (bacon, and processed meats); went from 238 to 204 in about 5 months.

Comment

Your mind will change as you continue doing it. I don't eat until 11:30 every day and for awhile I thought I was hungry in the a.m., but now the 3 cups of coffee I drink more than hold me through to lunch.

I went from 225 to 208 doing keto and then intermittent fasting and I plan to continue it until I'm at 200.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                      Your mind will change as you continue doing it. I don't eat until 11:30 every day and for awhile I thought I was hungry in the a.m., but now the 3 cups of coffee I drink more than hold me through to lunch.

I went from 225 to 208 doing keto and then intermittent fasting and I plan to continue it until I'm at 200.
                      I’ve already noticed I’m less hungry in the am. Didn’t eat until 11 today. Coffee has definitely been holding me over longer. The only side effects I’m feeling and it’s probably due to almost zero carbs is feeling weak during workouts.

Comment

Intermittent fasting?

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                        I’ve already noticed I’m less hungry in the am. Didn’t eat until 11 today. Coffee has definitely been holding me over longer. The only side effects I’m feeling and it’s probably due to almost zero carbs is feeling weak during workouts.

If you're working out, you should eat carbs. Try slow release carbs in a moderate amount, in the range of 30-50g grams. A bowl of oatmeal will do the trick, an hour or 1.5 before workout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by NxSTexan; 10-15-2018, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NxSTexan View Post
                          If you're working out, you should eat carbs.

I’m eating some carbs but very few. Target is under 30 grams per day.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                            The key is actually still eating clean calories and maintaining a deficit.

There is no miracle diet or program to follow. Losing weight will still always come down to the main thing of calories in are less than calories burned.

BOOM!!!!

Eat less then you burn.

Intermittent fasting...aka fasting and starving yourself. Not rocket science

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                              Then gain it all back? LOL

Thats the problem, you will gain it back unless you do it full time. It will be just like any other diet, temporary

Comment

I'm going on hour number 2 since lunch. I just hope I can make it until supper.

Comment

Working...
                                X