No announcement yet.

yellow jackets in blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im going to give you guys a tip of the pros on this one. silica dust. it dries out their exoskeleton and kills em dead. spray it in every nook and cranny you can find, pile some on the windows and doorways of your blinds. its non-toxic, but it can mess up your lungs if you breath it so safety first, wear a dust mask when spraying it. you can buy the silica gel bb-s in bulk (the little things in shoes, beef jerky bags, etc) and crush em up, put em in a duster and you're good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Samiel2d View Post
      im going to give you guys a tip of the pros on this one. silica dust. it dries out their exoskeleton and kills em dead. spray it in every nook and cranny you can find, pile some on the windows and doorways of your blinds. its non-toxic, but it can mess up your lungs if you breath it so safety first, wear a dust mask when spraying it. you can buy the silica gel bb-s in bulk (the little things in shoes, beef jerky bags, etc) and crush em up, put em in a duster and you're good to go.
      just be careful with this...breathe it in too much and it can seriously jack with your health.

Diatomaceous earth does the same thing...tears em up. Feels like flour to us, but is like razor blades to them. used it in my garden for crawly bugs. also....non toxic

get it in the garden section at Lowes/Home Depot

Comment

They are everywhere this time of year, I don't know if this is when they hatch or what?....I went through 4 cans this weekend,just keeping them out of my feeder legs and ground blinds. I just climbed in and hunted with them on Sunday morning. As soon as they started flying (was about 10 AM) I got out of there.

Comment

Originally posted by loco cacahuate View Post
          One of my huntin buddies blinds was full of wasps, he bombed it and a week later they were back.

Wasps seem to be bad this year.
          X2 put a hotshot mini bomb in it and you can forget about the wasp untill next year. We bomb ours once a year and your good. Keeps killing well past hunting season.

Comment

I think I am going to try a can of everything everyone has said! lol...I hear dish soap kills them...would a super soaker full of dawn work?

Comment

I just hope we don't have to deal with this every time we go down there. If so, we will have to modify the windows to make them air tight. I usually don't open the side windows anyway because I want it dark inside, so we COULD just seal those two off permanently.

Wayne

Comment

I have been reading up on them today...my boss who is on my lease is allergic bad! So i have been reading and it sounds like they are leaving the queen right now for the year and going to find new homes...they should be gone soon. It says they fertilized the queen and the workers will mostly all die this winter and she will hatch new ones next spring. IT does say also they are very short tempered right now too!

Comment

Originally posted by az2tx View Post
                  Seal the small opening as best as you can and hang a no pest strip inside, it will last about 6 months
                  This!

We used to put these in every blind we had, even the ones which were 100% tight, the wasps never touched the blinds, even if we left windows cracked, doors crackted, etc, no wasp/bee/hornet ever came in, they were scent free (at least to me).

There was nothing more nerve wracking than try and put the hammer down on a deer than having wasps fly around your head, and/or fall from the roof during the cold days.

Comment

Working...
                  X