Best bourbon for a cold/flu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best bourbon for a cold/flu

Been out sick from work all week with the flu and bronchitis. My boss says I need to get me a good bourbon it help me kick this stuff. So bourbon do you drink if you are sick?

Don (Dr.) Julio's is your friend

Comment

Theraflu and sleep if you want an honest answer. If you just looking for an excuse to drink I prefer Albandando Anejo tequila.

But if you are really ill I would not consume alcohol as it will dehydrate and probably not the best thing for a quick recovery.
      Last edited by glen; 01-03-2019, 11:17 PM.

Comment

been drinking Jim Beam with honey the last few days for this lol

Comment

120 proof knob creek and a chaser of Nyquil

Comment

Just can’t seem to kick this stuff. Been on antibiotics since Monday. This is some tough stuff. Had my daughter pound on my back with a ball to try to help break up some of the junk in my lungs.

Comment

I was given some hot buttered rum last Sunday night at the ranch. I slept like a rock and woke up the next day feeling better. I should have brought that stuff home! Sure made a difference when I was down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hot toddy brotha. Nice smooth bourbon woodford or basil Haydens, hot water, lemon and some honey. Does the trick! Watch out it’ll sneak up on you

Comment

No lie.... fresh squeezed grapefruit juice mixed with a shot of Don Julio or Herradura tequila and you’ll be good in a couple days. If you’re gonna hit the bourbon, get Bulleit 10yr aged with Sprite

Comment

Old grandad

Comment

As mentioned earlier, if you actually have the flu, the last thing I would do is drink alcohol. If you just have congestion or whatever, I do a large cup of Chamomile tea as hot as I can stand it, a table spoon of honey, and a liberal amount of whatever brown liquor I have on hand, typically bourbon or scotch. May not cure what ales you, but it will dang sure make you feel somewhat better temporarily.

Comment

Scotch works great for knocking out the crud. Glenfiddich single malt...the older the better.

Comment

101 proof Wild Turkey, a pack of Theraflu, and hot tea.

Comment

A lot

Comment

I had a hot toddy thread on here....I am sick again.....bout them to mix up another.

Comment

Working...
                              X