Best wifi router with parental control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best wifi router with parental control

What y'all use? Trying to put multiple levels of controls in place. My son demonstrated he can beat basic controls so time to kick it up a notch.

*Need one that is per device so mine isn't blocked.

No router needed. Create a free account with opendns, set your rules, and set the DNS address on each of his devices to point to their servers. Problem solved. They will block all proxy sites which is probably how he got around you.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

buy yourself a Circle. add it to your current network and your done. easy to use.

Comment

Here you go. Set schedules, permissions, block websites, etc.

Circle is the easiest parental control device and app to manage screen time across all your family’s connected devices. Keep kids safe online: block inappropriate content and set online time limits.

Comment

Let your kids have some fun. Just think we were running out of lotion to this. If we had the internet ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by klepdo View Post
            Let your kids have some fun. Just think we were running out of lotion to this. If we had the internet ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            that's still all i need. But I'm sure if I had access to what they have access to, I would have rubbed the hide off it a time or two.
            Last edited by BigL; 12-21-2018, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Samson View Post
              No router needed. Create a free account with opendns, set your rules, and set the DNS address on each of his devices to point to their servers. Problem solved. They will block all proxy sites which is probably how he got around you.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk
              He was able to beat net nanny. He knew how to log in as administrator and uninstalled it.

Open DNS is ok but also easily beat. You can easily change a computer's DNS setting or boot off a Linux CD to bypass it.

Plus I want something that also blocks when their friends come over. It's really more of a trying to protect his 9 yr old sister or 4 yr old brother from seeing things they shouldn't see yet. But also I don't want him getting the impression that what he's viewing on ****hub is what it's really like. Your girlfriend and her BFF most likely won't wish you a happy birthday like what he's watching. haha
              Last edited by BigL; 12-21-2018, 07:04 PM.

Comment

The funniest part of this is when i told my wife. She was like was he watching anything bad. My reply, the first 30 minutes of it wasn't bad. Still have another 30 min that we can watch together after all the kids go to bed.

She didn't find that as funny as i did...

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                  The funniest part of this is when i told my wife. She was like was he watching anything bad. My reply, the first 30 minutes of it wasn't bad. Still have another 30 min that we can watch together after all the kids go to bed.

She didn't find that as funny as i did...
                  Lol

Comment

If all you had to do was outsmart your Dad to get what is available today do you think he could block you?

Comment

I just purchased a Linksys Velop whole house WiFi system and installed it today. It is supposed to be able to do all that, but I haven't set the parental controls up yet. However, my boys are 18 and 16 currently. We've also caught both of them watching ****, also.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                        What y'all use? Trying to put multiple levels of controls in place. My son demonstrated he can beat basic controls so time to kick it up a notch.

*Need one that is per device so mine isn't blocked.
                        I used a belt when mine didn't mind. Didn't cost a thing. Worked great.
                        Last edited by Monark; 12-21-2018, 08:08 PM.

Comment

The circle works great. The cool thing is you can shut it off when mom is mad. Instead of hang on mom 5 more minutes she just kills everything. It does not block me. It is per device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            If all you had to do was outsmart your Dad to get what is available today do you think he could block you?
                            No. My dad wasnt technical. I have a degree in computer science. Im pretty sure I can block him where he couldn't get past it if I wanted to spend the time and money really securing it. I'm really just looking for the quick easy solution with a router so it covers all devices including when his friends come over and hadn't researched them when I first posted.

Comment

He's probably on TBH to see what you decide on so he can start looking for ways around it!

Comment

Working...
                              X