Floating the Horseshoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floating the Horseshoe

It's been several years and I can't remember. Are there any big rapids in the Horseshoe float? Going to have my 2yr old with us and trying to decide if it's safe enough for her. She has floated the Frio with us the last two years no problem. Of course this year the Frio was mostly walking not floating.

They’re pretty tame . Honestly it’s low enough it’s prolly more walking right now than anything .

Comment

Nothing to be concerned with, pretty lazy float as long as it’s moving a little

Comment

She should be good. The float in san marcos at dons fish camp is less hectic and more peaceful. At least it used to be when we floated, thats been about 4yrs ago

Comment

I was there last week. Low and slow right now. You’re gonna have to walk some.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
            She should be good. The float in san marcos at dons fish camp is less hectic and more peaceful. At least it used to be when we floated, thats been about 4yrs ago
            Do not take your 2 year old on this float!

The only tame float I'd vouch for is Lions Club in San Marcos

Comment

I would not take my 2 yr old. I’ve done it before but I wouldn’t do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BigCohiba View Post
                I was there last week. Low and slow right now. You’re gonna have to walk some.
                X2, was there this past weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                  I would not take my 2 yr old. I’ve done it before but I wouldn’t do it again.

Why not? My daughter loves it, floated the Horseshoe today and there was nothing that scared us at all. She actually slept in my wife's lap through the last stretch of rapids before Whitewater.

Comment

The better question would be why. She won’t remember it and it isn’t worth the risk. That is my opinion, love floatin but it isn’t a place for small children.

Comment

I'm at the horseshoe now its low and slow you will have to walk some you will float right by our place

Comment

The better question would be why. She won’t remember it and it isn’t worth the risk. That is my opinion, love floatin but it isn’t a place for small children.

I guess to each there own. My daughter loves being in the water and has been though swimming lessons. I wouldn't do anything that I felt put her in danger hence the thread checking on river conditions before even taking her. She may not remember it all but we will and her grandparents will get to experience it. To me that's worth it. The drive down I-10 to get here was much more dangerous than the river itself.

Comment

Glad my rents didn’t leave me out of stuff assuming I wouldn’t remember it lmao

Esemayshhhhhh

Comment

We took our son when he was near that age on the Lion Club float on the San Marcos. Life jacket and no worries.

Comment

Life jacket and float! We have taken both of our kids on all of the mentioned runs since they were that age.

Comment

Working...
                              X