No announcement yet.

2013 NFR Team Roping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a link to watch any of that online? I've had to miss out all week so far. If not can anyone tell me how cliff and tuff cooper, and Trevor Brazil have done so far? I went to school with cliff and tuff, and was around the Brazils quite a bit.

Comment

I agree with Bleu there ain't a reason to one crank a steer when you know <6 seconds is in the money. Seriously a 5.8 wins round 5?! I can't hold their rope bags either but they are pros. Not very smart roping or good watching in my opinion.

Comment

I understand what you guys are saying. But I've fumbled up worse trying to safety up when your used to going at them. They didn't get there by banging em off the bucking chutes. You can miss they start there by an inch and it will put the whole run in a bind.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
          With rounds paying 18K and change it would be hard to not go be fast. The average pays 47K. Lot more money up for grabs by winning rounds. So do you you go for the go round wins and have the attitude win 1st or 2nd in a t least 4 or 5 rounds or play it safe place here and there and win the average. In the timed events it seems the majority are going for round wins first and average second.
          This is true and has hurt the appeal for me. When I was hauling you had to make the avg to win big so I want to see guys who can make solid runs night after night.

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaS View Post
            I understand what you guys are saying. But I've fumbled up worse trying to safety up when your used to going at them. They didn't get there by banging em off the bucking chutes. You can miss they start there by an inch and it will put the whole run in a bind.
            There is a lot of room between "sling and pray" and "bounce them off the chute", even at T&M.

Comment

Bottomline with the rounds paying so much the best bet to win the world is chase the round not average. Now if you reduce the round payout and bump the average winner to 75k....now you created a horse race. Play it safe or go for it. Makes it more of strategic challenge.

Comment

Bottomline with the rounds paying so much the best bet to win the world is chase the round not average. Now if you reduce the round payout and bump the average winner to 75k....now you created a horse race. Play it safe or go for it. Makes it more of strategic challenge.

Comment

Well I guess kaleb driggers slung and prayed all year and setting 2nd in the world. Guess his prayers must have worked all year. Joe B told him after the second round" do what got you here"

Comment

Yep!

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaS View Post
                      Well I guess kaleb driggers slung and prayed all year and setting 2nd in the world. Guess his prayers must have worked all year. Joe B told him after the second round" do what got you here"
                      Joe gave good advice, don't change your game just because it is the NFR.

I would still rather see the guys that can consistently put together competitive runs instead of the guys that put together a miracle run 1 out of 5 times.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                        This is true and has hurt the appeal for me. When I was hauling you had to make the avg to win big so I want to see guys who can make solid runs night after night.
                        You got that right!!

Comment

Bingo.. Winner!!

Comment

Originally posted by STXBOWHUNTER73 View Post
                            You got that right!!
                            I would have roped safe last night if I was in the last 5 teams. I especially questioned Dugan Kelly taking the shot he did last night. Yes I know its easy to sit here on the leather couch and tell them how to get it done. Just thought that steer needed another jump to straighten out. He looked like he was close to cross firing.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                              I would have roped safe last night if I was in the last 5 teams. I especially questioned Dugan Kelly taking the shot he did last night. Yes I know its easy to sit here on the leather couch and tell them how to get it done. Just thought that steer needed another jump to straighten out. He looked like he was close to cross firing.

Oh your right about couching it.. I'm doing it right now!!! I agree these guys are watching all the runs no different at a rodeo if your in the last perf you know what's winning it and play the game no different. You are exactly right a lot of them should have taken one more jump. But as posted before the money is so good on the rounds they are dropping coils and going left. Not a good game plan with these steers would think they would rethink their game plan....

Comment

Originally posted by STXBOWHUNTER73 View Post
                                Oh your right about couching it.. I'm doing it right now!!! I agree these guys are watching all the runs no different at a rodeo if your in the last perf you know what's winning it and play the game no different. You are exactly right a lot of them should have taken one more jump. But as posted before the money is so good on the rounds they are dropping coils and going left. Not a good game plan with these steers would think they would rethink their game plan....
                                Been this way the last few years...

Even rodeo Stars need to study history,,,

Comment

Working...
                                X