No announcement yet.

Tell/Show Me The Best Feeder On The Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay away from anything the box stores sell and you will be alright.

Comment

I just put this Lamco "Low and Throw" up today. I put another up at home Sunday, and still have another to put on my lease. It has The Timer and holds 600 pounds. The spinner cannot be reached by varmints and hogs can't turn it over. Cows could lean on it if it's not penned but I don't hunt around cows. After much looking this is what I decided on. For a 72 year old guy, filling it couldn't be easier. I won't know if it's as reliable as my old Texas Hunter Products feeders were/are until a bunch of years have passed though, because they're still kicking and some of them are close to twenty years old.
      Attached Files

Comment

Our Ultramatic’s tripod feeders have been awesome for 10 years.
        Not necessarily easy to fill, but easier out of a truck.

For cattle & hog avoidance I suggest hog panels and barbed wire whatever you choose.
        And 4” pvc pipe for squirrels and coons.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          I just put this Lamco "Low and Throw" up today. I put another up at home Sunday, and still have another to put on my lease. It has The Timer and holds 600 pounds. The spinner cannot be reached by varmints and hogs can't turn it over. Cows could lean on it if it's not penned but I don't hunt around cows. After much looking this is what I decided on. For a 72 year old guy, filling it couldn't be easier. I won't know if it's as reliable as my old Texas Hunter Products feeders were/are until a bunch of years have passed though, because they're still kicking and some of them are close to twenty years old.
          That is a good looking set up.

Comment

If money is no option, I'd recommend this. Its pretty high end but if you save your pennies and pick up coke bottles you should be able to get it...

As a back up, I'd like that Lamco.
            Attached Files

Comment

Question for you guys with Lamco Low and Throws in feedpens? Do they throw too far for you?

My concern is that I don't need to be making problems with the small herd of goats on the 4400 acres. I don't have any issues with them now and I don't want them to be in earshot and them getting used to corn being outside my 20 panel pen. If my math is correct the 20-25 yards in any direction I've heard would put corn outside my pen. Is 20-25 yards what you are seeing. They claim 155' circumference?

Comment

No one use winch up feeders? That's all I use. Easy to fill. Cows never mess with them. Raccoons sometimes climb all the way up but never enough to be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  No one use winch up feeders? That's all I use. Easy to fill. Cows never mess with them. Raccoons sometimes climb all the way up but never enough to be a problem.
                  We are in the process of getting rid of all of ours

They will make it to the classifieds soon...

I've seen one fall -- it isn't pretty.

We use the all seasons, HB and Lamco - all are stand and fill models.

Any of them are going to be so much better than what you have right now.

Comment

I have a few of the Lamco low and throw feeders (1,000 lbs). By far the best corn feeders I’ve owned. I have them outside of my feeder pens because I don’t like to bow hunt over pens. We have cows on our lease and I’ve had no issues. Easy to fill and the 1,000 lbs comes in handy especially during season when I can blast a bunch of corn and not have to fill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have 3 that will eventually be replaced. We bought a Greengo feeder this past year and are happy with it. It holds 400# came with the time and solar panel mounted flat to the lid. It has a built in box at the top when you open the lid for timer and battery, no exposed wires, varmint proof and an eliminator plate. It was $525 and got it at Hawk Hill in Brownwood.

I don’t know if it’s the best but you will not be disappointed

Comment

Winch up feeders were great until the Lamco low and throw feeders came out. They are just better.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                          We are in the process of getting rid of all of ours

They will make it to the classifieds soon...

I've seen one fall -- it isn't pretty.

We use the all seasons, HB and Lamco - all are stand and fill models.

Any of them are going to be so much better than what you have right now.
                          Ill have a couple of Hang em high feeders up for sale soon as well. Had the reverse winch lever give out the other day, and it scared the crap out of me on the way down, and smashed my timer...

Comment

Originally posted by Outback77 View Post
                            http://jandlsales.com/product/600-j-l-skid-feeder/

I think it’s this one? No price listed
                            It is this one. $600

Comment

Triple C feeders

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post

See post #9 Mudslinger. I'd like to know your opinion if you are familiar with both of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X