Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2019....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think its probably ok short term. I know guys who have been on it 2 years plus. I'll low carb for a couple of weeks sometimes to change things up when I stall on weight loss. No way I could do it long term.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been training for a 1/2 marathon on Mon, Wed & Sat and riding my bike 20 miles on Tue , Thursday & Sat.

Comment

Missed yesterday due to traveling for work.

Going later this afternoon. Shoulders and abs on the menu

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          I've heard lots of theories of the keto being terribly unhealthy.

This thread is making me want to get the weight training going. [emoji869][emoji88][emoji869]

Git U Sum!

Comment

I did the keto for a while last year and it works. I don't think it is a long term solution, but if you are strict on it then you can loose a bunch. I now do, lower carbs, with little to no sugar and high protein. I couldn't stay on keto's due to the fact on cardio days I was fine, but on the heavy lift days I would run out of energy and strength fast and could finish the entire workout the way I would like.

Comment

I'd like to run a sub-7 minute mile this year.

As someone that used to run half-marathons at that pace, it's sad to see where I am as a runner. But it is what it is.

Comment

My gym has changed its hours of operation and I think I'm gonna like it. I haven't tied the new hours yet, but they're now going to be open 24/7 and open on Sundays now.

I hit it Saturday morning after not making it one day this past week. A little bit of everything after warmup. Biceps, triceps, legs and a little chest and back to keep the Friday pump up.

Barbell curl/leg extension/skull crusher
                Preacher curl/leg press & calf raises/over head cable extension
                Hammer curl bar/front squat/overhead hammer curl extension
                Bench press/Body weight ring pullups/incline kettle bell curl
                Overhead cable curl/pushup

I'm working the Hill Country Youth Livestock Show today or I'd hit the gym today as well. This week's workouts may not happen. 80 hour workweeks are hard on an old man!

Comment

Chest and back today.

I did a body comp yesterday. In 6 weeks I stayed the same weight, gained 12 pounds of muscle mass and dropped 5 percent body fat. 26 percent down to 21. It proves that just because you don't see anything on the scale doesn't mean you are not improving. I have 2 weeks left on this program and I'll go to a more cardio based program to see if I can drop some more weight. I need to lose around 40 more pounds.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
                    Chest and back today.

I did a body comp yesterday. In 6 weeks I stayed the same weight, gained 12 pounds of muscle mass and dropped 5 percent body fat. 26 percent down to 21. It proves that just because you don't see anything on the scale doesn't mean you are not improving. I have 2 weeks left on this program and I'll go to a more cardio based program to see if I can drop some more weight. I need to lose around 40 more pounds.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
                    Good for you! I've told folks for years to quit worrying about what that scale says. Muscle weighs more than fat, but most people don't care.

I've got early mornings every day this week. Looks like I won't get any gym time until Sunday.

Comment

Yesterday was arms and core with 1.5 jog

Legs or back today..... wonder which I’ll choose lol

Comment

started this new year at 6'5, 270, and 30%
                        Hitting the Gym 5 days a week following a plan on body space and eating clean. Beer is still my big issue on the weekends but I am focused on 235 and >20% by summer

Comment

Bunch of freaking slackers. Hit the gym everday this week. M-W was 2+ hours, today I cut out my cardio and stretching because of time crunch and only got in a little over an hour. I ate bad and drank some over last weekend(hunting) but hope the scale shows favorable tomorrow morning. If not, onward!

Comment

Sorry. Off yesterday. Arms and shoulders today.

I love eating healthy!

Comment

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
                              I love eating healthy!

Yes sir, when the wife and I get on a roll cooking every night, I honestly get to where I hate eating out. Our food is so much better in taste and for us.

Comment

Started the year at 238 and this is my second week of dieting and eating healthy. Im down now to 230 with hopes of dropping to 200. I used to do sprint triathlons a few years back and I'm thinking about signing up for one this summer to motivate me. Unfortunately I don't have a place to swim and I don't want to join a gym just for the pool. But for now, running and biking.

Comment

Working...
                                X