2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTJim View Post
    Um yeah, my wife and I have finally gotten through to our lease members that the ATV army invasion shuts the east Texas deer down. I specifically picked our stand spots so there is no thru traffic and we use an electric golf cart. We walk in several hundred yards as well. My spot I walk almost 3/4 mile and hand corn only. Last 3 years my wife and I have killed the oldest and biggest bucks on the lease. I have also curtailed the “ we are gonna check feeders and cameras traffic”. I pulled camera off our spots and told everyone I would handle upkeep of my wife’s feeder. Our success is directly attributed to little disturbing traffic...

Being a bow hunter is nothing more simple than providing the deer a comfortable home where they can eat, drink and sleep in comfort. Then finding a way to sneak into there home without letting them know you are there and killing them. Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice ones

Comment

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
        No way am I shooting a 115”ish young buck when that target buck was still alive 2 days ago.

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
        Lol that’s what I was thinking. He posted the short beamed 8, and I was thinking isn’t this the same guy hunting “the 13” lol. I’m holding out. You have 2 months of season left still if you muzzleloader Hunt him.

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post

Hix, dont use that tag yet. you will regret it in two weeks.

Relax guys, I’m not really gonna give up yet. Thanks for the encouragement though lol.
        He was actually on my scrape cam last night and was here a week ago at 11am. I’ll post a video and day pics on my thread.

I think Monday I’ll have a good shot a him.

For the record though.. that tall tine 8 isn’t young at all and his “short beams” nearly cross up front (over 20” I’m guessing)
        I’m betting he breaks 130” and hopefully my daughter can whack him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Lola’s on the trigger this evening. Squeezing in one last hunt before I go out of state in the morning. In the 20 minuets here I’ve heard no less than 6000 shots fired around us. Lol all the “cousins and family “ down for the holidays. Got high hopes tonight. BIL rattles in what looked to be a 3.5 yo this morning. First for him

I’m prepared to get aggressive again but we are in such a natural safe space for them I’ll probably hold off on any blind calling

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
            I do the same thing I drive almost 8 miles around to keep the traffic down. Question do you post many pictures of your deer? I posted the one but kind of hesitating on post and very many more what's your thoughts.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
            I don’t post mine cause nobody wants to see spikes and 4 points!;

I don’t have a problem looking at yours though!

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                Congrats on the nice kills guys!

Im all excited right now.. the does here are mostly bred, the acorns are finally all on the ground so they can get gone, the freeze killed a lot of the browse in the woods. We are getting past the full moon. Bucks are about to come home to live in a corn pile or food plot and get killable.

Hix, dont use that tag yet. you will regret it in two weeks.
                We think the same thing. I’m ready for rutting to be over. Then good hunting then begins

Comment

... it didn’t go “CLICK” tonight

It went BOOM!!!!!! Lola’s first deer BSD!!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post

Heck yea!

Comment

Originally posted by hardtner View Post
                      We think the same thing. I’m ready for rutting to be over. Then good hunting then begins
                      People might accuse you of being crazy for saying that, but it’s the absolute truth.

Comment

Yay! Congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations low fence

Comment

That’s an awesome picture Lowfence! Congrats!

Comment

I’ve seen 8 to 13 deer every sit in a hay meadow the past 2 days in northern Anderson county. No big shooters though...

Comment

Awesome!!!! Congrats to yall both for not giving up!

Comment

Working...
                                X