No announcement yet.

What a night last night!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its insane what walks into the ER. Two years ago when I **** near had my finger taken off by a 3/4 F250 spring, myself and a cardiac arrest patient were the only actual emergencies that came in for the 6 hours I was there. Yet, I saw probably 25 people and didn't see who knows how many more. Insanity. Met a cute nurse though

Comment

And all or most we end up payin for

Comment

Been to the ER 3 times in the last 4months, once by ambulance for a broken femur, of course, they got me right in, once for dehydration related to cancer treatment and once for a major nosebleed that wouldn't stop. Med City Dallas both times, ER waiting room full, the got me right in both times in front of all the non emergency people. I could see their mad looks because I got in first, it was almost worth the trips.

Lord, the last 4 months s****d, got cancer treatment that isn't beating me up with side effects now, and I am looking forward to the rest of this year being great.

Comment

Chemo sucks...bad. Glad you are feeling better. ER trips....no fun.

I am sure I am hunting, or thinking about hunting.

Comment

Almost worse than the ER abuse is the $2,000 trip in an advanced life support EMS unit when someone has a cold or stubs a toe.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
              They use it as a doctor's office

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
              Then they don't pay. So the hospital tries to recover those costs from people with insurance. Which is the reason we have the pricing game between insurance companies and providers.

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
                ER= primary care.
                turn the ER back into EMERGENCY care.
                i agree!!!!! Triage process works but seems they should send NON emergencies out the door.
                Last edited by Landrover; 03-26-2017, 09:03 AM.

Comment

It is a huge problem I work for a large fire dept and was assigned to a really busy ambulance for 3 yrs and if we made 20 runs a day 2 of them were people that needed an ambulance it is also taxing on the fire dept because ambulances are used for a free taxi service they don't pay e r bills nor do they pay ambulance bills and the rest of us have to pick up the slack again the working people get punished just my 2 cents

Comment

Working...
                  X