Pics of deer using your DIY water trough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics of deer using your DIY water trough

If you have any pics of deer using your home built water troughs please post up, I could use the extra motivation to spend the extra $. I plan to build a couple in a few weeks and would like some positive or negative input. I have some 275 gal totes in mind and a couple of 40 gal water tanks from TSC. Thanks

That would be cool to see some tc pics of this.
    I seen plenty DIY guzzlers.

Comment

Comment

Hehe nice!

Umm any problems with varmits chewing up your hose?
        I know we did have a hose from our well to fill the camper tank & it got chewed smooth up

Comment

Look at the gut on that doe. Must be ready to drop one.

Comment

They will use it! Out of the 1,200 or so pictures I pull from my camera weekly there are about 75-100 of them that have a doe or two at the water trough behind my protein feeder. I erase all my doe pictures and just keep buck pictures that I am interested in keeping up with so I don't have pictures to post. It will be worth it

Comment

I will have some on monday. I put my camera out last week and I am going to check ut saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomkat07 View Post
                Hehe nice!

Umm any problems with varmits chewing up your hose?
                I know we did have a hose from our well to fill the camper tank & it got chewed smooth up
                Yes, hose did not work out so well. One little hole is all it took to make me resort to PVC.

Yea, putting water out will have em coming from all directions, LITERALLY...

Comment

Nice pics, bar2hunter. Very interesting.

Comment

That coon is awesome.

Comment

I have been researching some rain water collection systems for a new lease we have this simple set up is much easier to put together. I have a couple questions for you...how much rainfall does it take to fill the entire system? How long does a fully filled system last without future rains?

Comment

Like my Phi Phi Brother, I would also like to know how long 55 gallons of water will last.

Bigdaddy0442
                        A Brother of the Shield

Comment

I've got tons of pics.......here's one I grabbed right quick. IMO...it's worth the time and $$.

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask questions if you decide to take the leap!

predatorsniper

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdaddy0442 View Post
                            Like my Phi Phi Brother, I would also like to know how long 55 gallons of water will last.

Bigdaddy0442
                            A Brother of the Shield
                            Depends on how much game you have visiting your trough. It will likely be slow at first until they get used to it, then they will hit it more and more regularly. I've noticed that they will feed for longer periods than they used to. I've got pics of them eating protein and then drinking water and then back to eating again. Before the water set up they'd eat for a little bit and then leave.

Hope this helps!

predatorsniper

Comment

Here are two bucks using it at the same time. I also have a couple of coons taking baths.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X