stone poits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stone poits

Man all u guys showing your stone points have got me wanting to get some to use for hunting so I have a few questions

How do you tune them so they fly good and where the heck can u get some made and what's the average.price for say half a dozen aaaaaand do they get dull like if I shoot them into foam and what do you do if they do go dull hangem up and look stem

Lol sorry for all the question

Dustin

I am saying this with very little actual experience shooting stone points!

I think if you can get a stone point to closely match the weight of the point that your arrow is tuned with already (i.e. - if you normally shoot 145gr field points and broadheads you would use as close to 145gr stone points) then it should fly just fine and there should be little to no tuning issues.

I also know, from talking to knappers, that the stone heads do dull and can be "sharpened" by being reworked by a knapper.

Bisch

Comment

Well I shoot carbon arrows now and would have to have someone build me some wood arrows , the main thing I'm wondering about is the price difference between them and steel points with wooden shafts. I have no experience in building wooden arrows.

Comment

Good wood arrows can get pretty pricey but are worth it. There is a world of difference between jubky unmatched arrows and good , well straightened, and matched wood arrows.

Bisch

Comment

Yeah I'm trying to tell my wife how bad I need some of bounty hunters epoxies but I cant tell if its working

Comment

What where did epoxies come from stupid auto correct I meant woodies.

Comment

cursor to the Stone point tab and select a type of stone for pricing.

Comment

Thanks huntinpool I appreciate the info

Comment

What Bisch said is true from what I have done. As long as the arrow is perfectly tuned to whatever BH weight you shoot then you use a stone point with the same weight +-5grs and you will still be spot on. The reason you want perfect tuned arrows is the stone points will snap off if they hit the target crooked. They must go straight in and will stay sharp a long time if shooting into styrofoam. I shot one into a high density foam broadhead target and it dulled it pretty quick. I just use the sharpened end of a nail to flake off the edges from both sides and it's sharp again. 3 Rivers might have some stone points for cheap to experiment with.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                    Good wood arrows can get pretty pricey but are worth it. There is a world of difference between jubky unmatched arrows and good , well straightened, and matched wood arrows.

Bisch
                    Do the pricey ones burn better?

Comment

^^^^^
                      Nice, lol

Comment

Working...
                      X