How often do you shoot your broadheads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually shoot mine quite often.
    Not that I need to. I just like tearing stuff up from time to time.

Been shooting them a lot lately, since I'm rebuilding target arrows, and the broadheads are all I have to shoot right now.

Rick

Comment

Pretty much only at critters. I've been shooting the same setup for quite a while, and know what to expect from it!

Bisch

Comment

I keep a target broadhead that I don't ever really sharpen on one of my practice arrows. I shoot 2 or 3 practice arrows, generally no 2 shot in a row from the same spot/distance. I will shoot the broadhead at least a couple shots a day. Hell magnus will replace it for free, only damage done is the target. 2 blades aren't as hard on your target.

We are talking traditional archery here, correct? I mean Junkers88, was the OP....

Comment

I just got done with a shooting session. Shot around 140 field tip arrows and 20 broadhead shots. I was in the zone with the field points so I brought out my 2 arrows equipped with my practice broadheads (same that I hunt with - just dull from shooting into my rinehart.
          I shot them very well too.
          I shoot my broadheads quite often, because I shoot almost every day. If I had to guess at a ratio of broad heads to field points, I'd probably be around 1 broadhead for every 75 field points shot. I shoot A LOT, and consider my ability pretty darn good to 25 yards. If I could just stop choking when it comes to shots at live game!!!! I need some self esteem boost (aka some kills!!)

Comment

That's a lot of shooting. I usually shoot 30 to 50 arrows about 5 days a week. I'm working a new set up right now. When I get things where it's right with field points I will work with the broadheads to make sure they hit the same poi as the field points. Then I won't shoot them again until it's at something that bleeds.

Gary

Comment

I shoot every arrow and broadhead a few times before the are sharpened and ready to hunt. Once that's done they mostly sit but every few weeks I'll shoot one to make sure.

Comment

I shoot mine periodically throughout hunting season and before going on a hunt. Since the broadheads are more sensitive to shooting flaws than fieldpoints I don't want to be surprised when it really counts. Also any time I tune a set of arrows or bow I'll shoot bareshafts until I feel they're perfect and then shoot broadheads just to make sure.

Comment

I shoot all of my broadheads several times throughout the year and season. This is kind of common since but since I have done it I'll say that I just make sure and shoot them one at a time because it kind of sucks when you bury one into another one. Then you have two less broadheads

Comment

I think your poll samples run a bit to the NON Trad crowd. I also keep a few "dull" Broadheads to Practice with and Proof Shoot my Hunting Arrows then resharpen. just to weed out Flyers. I do use Wood Shafts so its nice to find those that really seem to hit right where your looking.
                    Last edited by Restless; 01-26-2017, 05:25 PM.

Comment

As my broadheads fly the same as my practice tips, I rarely shoot them. No need in spending the money on torn up targets every few weeks. Plus, my broadheads cost too much!

Comment

I always shoot broadheads and never shoot fieldpoints. Practice with them and hunt too. MAGNUS 2 BLADES ROCK. Wish i had a truck load of the old patriot 100 grains. Sharpen them with the 2 files sharpening system and they are wicked sharp.

Comment

Always

Comment

I almost never shoot broadheads. I do shoot bare-shaft arrows on a regular basis, I never have any surprises when I shoot broadheads.

I pretty much shoot the same bow along with the same arrows. I do most of my shooting at my house. I have found that targets wear out fast enough without broadheads tearing them up. I shoot Sharks and they will wreck a target in no time.

Bottom line, a well tuned set-up along with decent form leaves little room for surprises.

My "Judos" are the same exact weight as my daily shooting tips/ arrows. You can always get creative matching glue on Judos with different weight glue on adaptors.

Comment

During hunting season that is all I practice with. I shoot one arrow and retrieve.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm pretty much like the majority here. Once I get them tuned and shooting with my field points, almost never unless a critter is in front of me.

Randy

Comment

Working...
                                X