Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Hill Country Shootout Roll Call (Vanderpool)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tent? hotel? hammock? camper?

Comment

Danielb89,

Daniel, there use to be camping available at the shoot site but it has moved this year to another ranch just a short distance away and I understand there will NOT be camping available at the shoot site. There are places to rent in the area but this late in the game they may all be booked up. Do an internet search for places around Vanderpool, Utopia, Leaky, etc. Uvalde would be about a 48 mile drive, but I have stayed in a motel there before. There is also Garner State Park and Lost Maples State Park but I am sure all of Lost Maples sites are already spoken for since it is only about 5 miles from the shoot.

Someone else may know of something I don't. I usually drive down with a few other guys as we are only about 3 hours away. We drive down for the day and go back that evening.

Take care, Louis

Comment

Originally posted by Straitshot View Post
        Danielb89,

Daniel, there use to be camping available at the shoot site but it has moved this year to another ranch just a short distance away and I understand there will NOT be camping available at the shoot site.
        This is NOT correct!!!!! Primitive camping is still allowed at the shoot, just no RV's unless you are a vendor.

Bisch

Comment

Me and the boy will be there.

Comment

Dates?

I was not gonna be able to make it but now it's a definite maybe

Comment

Thanks, Bisch, for the correction. My mistake. I thought only vendors were allowed for any type of camping.
              Last edited by Straitshot; 03-24-2017, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Dad and I will be there with our booth! I am excited to see the new ranch and if it he's the same wow factor as bugscuffle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll be showing up for Saturday with a old friend.

It certainly will be nice to meet some of you here on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Danielb89 View Post
                    tent? hotel? hammock? camper?
                    Lost Maples Country Store now has RV spots. I reserved mine a couple weeks ago, don't know if they still have any openings.

LD

Comment

I wish I could join all of you. I used to enjoy that shoot when I could go. I'm sure it will be a great time as usual. Haven't seen the new ranch but I bet it will still be a great shoot.

Best of luck to all of you.

PS. When you break those wood arrows, help my ole buddy Jeffro out.

Comment

One week away now

Comment

Originally posted by BDKeeling View Post
                          You bringing some with you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          yes sir. can take orders...
                          and i have your arrows completed
                          Last edited by JEFFRO; 03-30-2017, 09:46 PM.

Comment

This time next week Nan and I will be on our way west.
                            First stop, Luling to eat BBQ, then Buccee's
                            Second stop, gas in SA
                            Third stop, Bandara to visit my aunt and uncle
                            THEN....
                            Do need time away and this is most welcome

Comment

Originally posted by BillDecker View Post
                              This time next week Nan and I will be on our way west.
                              First stop, Luling to eat BBQ, then Buccee's
                              Second stop, gas in SA
                              Third stop, Bandara to visit my aunt and uncle
                              THEN....
                              Do need time away and this is most welcome

If your going to stop in bandera then you may want to try busbee's BBQ instead. They have a brisket Philly cheesesteak that is out of this world!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Straitshot View Post
                                Danielb89,

Daniel, there use to be camping available at the shoot site but it has moved this year to another ranch just a short distance away and I understand there will NOT be camping available at the shoot site. There are places to rent in the area but this late in the game they may all be booked up. Do an internet search for places around Vanderpool, Utopia, Leaky, etc. Uvalde would be about a 48 mile drive, but I have stayed in a motel there before. There is also Garner State Park and Lost Maples State Park but I am sure all of Lost Maples sites are already spoken for since it is only about 5 miles from the shoot.

Someone else may know of something I don't. I usually drive down with a few other guys as we are only about 3 hours away. We drive down for the day and go back that evening.

Take care, Louis

There are still RV slots open at the Lost Maples Country store

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X