X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off Season in Uvalde

Hey fella's,

First post here, thanks.

A buddy of mine has a real nice ranch in Uvalde, and we went down to do a little filming practice for the upcoming deer season.

We are planning to shoot high quality, bow hunting TV style videos and share them on the internet from ranches all across Texas.

In this video a turkey was shot with a rifle, I hope that is alright.

Take Care,

Eric

Eric good luck to you guys...

I would ask your "Marketing" firm that built the site though to make their link a "_blank" setting so when you click on their Link it doesn't take the user away from your site.

If you guys can afford it, go with Flash Media Server, so your users can do progressive watching/dowloading without having to wait for the buffer.

Comment

Thanks VG,

That is my Father who build web sites, so it is no big deal now.

I am curious about the buffering, it should play right away and download at the same time.

I will check it.

Thanks,
      Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Videographer View Post
        Eric good luck to you guys...

I would ask your "Marketing" firm that built the site though to make their link a "_blank" setting so when you click on their Link it doesn't take the user away from your site.

If you guys can afford it, go with Flash Media Server, so your users can do progressive watching/dowloading without having to wait for the buffer.
        Good catch. I forgot to make the link "_blank". It's fixed now.

I'm checking out the Flash Media Server now. Thanks.

Comment

Rick...it is very expensive (atleast for my budget), but the things you can do with it is just amazing. I haven't seen anything like it in the outdoor industry, and if you did have it, I think the Outdoor industry is an untapped Market that you would have SOLO to yourself for atleast a year or 2.

Comment

Coach, It is not that expensive to us, since we want to revolutionize hunting video on the internet. TV, now that is expensive.

However, we have found almost the exact same program in a trial version for free. I am looking at it now, and it looks good.

I encode into flash all my own work, and tend to max out for quality and playback. This poses a problem for some who have a little bit slower download speed, low ram, or a full cache.

This technology that you turned me on to is very amazing since it senses each computers capability to download an HD file.

Thanks a lot!

We are going out in a week or so to call up some turkeys and stick them with the bow, stay tuned for that video. I hope we can have the software working.

Take Care,

Eric

Comment

Eric if you guys get the Flash Interactive Media server and use the capabilities it has geared to hunting that is what I meant by cornering the Market in the outdoor industry. Currently I have not found 1 person out there who is doing it, and at $4500 I don't have the money, and I dang sure don't have the time to design, update, and manage it. I have got to see a site that is currently at working designing a flash site for an Aftermarket Auto business which will allow you to take off/add on parts of your vehicle and order though their site. You'll get to see your Automobile before and after (instantly) certain parts that you pick from their website.

Using that technology in the outdoor industry......The possibilities are endless, and creativity is the only thing holding it back from suceeding!! Or in my case...$$ and time! If I was retired, and didn't have a job, I'd be all over this....but I'm 6yrs until retirement!

Comment

Good looking video guys.

Comment

Just watched the video, pretty good. Interested to see more.

Comment

Working...
                  X