Field dressing in other states

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Field dressing in other states

I was browsing Facebook just now. Came across a deer processor in North Carolina. They post various pics of customers with their deer. I noticed none of the deer had been field dressed. Most of them already bloated. Is there laws against this in other states?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	69AE8DD8-20ED-4E00-9CC9-7E37D81E0D0E.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	25164522

That is a very strange pic. Are you asking if there are laws that prevent you from field dressing your deer? I can’t imagine that. More likely a hipster hunting party and no one had a knife.

Comment

Field dressing is a superb way to increase your coyote population..

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
        That is a very strange pic. Are you asking if there are laws that prevent you from field dressing your deer? I can’t imagine that. More likely a hipster hunting party and no one had a knife.
        If that's the case, those hipsters are some **** deer slayers.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          If that's the case, those hipsters are some **** deer slayers.
          Every year one opening weekend some buddies of mine head over to our local deer processing place to see what comes in and it s truly amazing how many animals come in not gutted “ the processor charges $25 extra to gutting “

Comment

That picture is why I dislike using processors. Our deer that we carefully clean, handle, etc., get mixed with those nasty bloated deer. I had a processor admit once he mixes deer when he makes jerky/sausage because he needs a certain amount to make full batches.

Comment

Actually, yes. This is just one pic on their site, but every other pic of individuals with their harvest already at processors, none are field dressed. Just made me wonder if laws prevent it.

Comment

[QUOTE=pilar;13817292]Every year one opening weekend some buddies of mine head over to our local deer processing place to see what comes in and it s truly amazing how many animals come in not gutted “ the processor charges $25 extra to gutting “[

I think it's 50 to 75 in Mills county to gut your deer. They hire High School kids on the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by CWKATTNER View Post
                  Actually, yes. This is just one pic on their site, but every other pic of individuals with their harvest already at processors, none are field dressed. Just made me wonder if laws prevent it.
                  Can you imagine how much meat would spoil if there were a law that prevented field dressing? I can see it in a controlled environment where research was being conducted but that’s about it. What does the processor do with all the gut piles?
                  Those pics don’t lie. Are you sure that is a processor and not some badazz skinning shack on the ranch?

Comment

Can you imagine how much meat would spoil if there were a law that prevented field dressing? I can see it in a controlled environment where research was being conducted but that’s about it. What does the processor do with all the gut piles?
                    Those pics don’t lie. Are you sure that is a processor and not some badazz skinning shack on the ranch?
                    Craven Deer Processing

Comment

You wouldn’t believe how many people don’t gut there animals and pay to have it done

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
                        That picture is why I dislike using processors. Our deer that we carefully clean, handle, etc., get mixed with those nasty bloated deer. I had a processor admit once he mixes deer when he makes jerky/sausage because he needs a certain amount to make full batches.

Been to processors 3 times now. First time was amazing product. Next 2 times had me throwing product away. Ill do my own now. Like you I invest considerable effort into the cleanliness of my meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[quote=doghouse;13817330]
                          Originally posted by pilar View Post
                          Every year one opening weekend some buddies of mine head over to our local deer processing place to see what comes in and it s truly amazing how many animals come in not gutted “ the processor charges $25 extra to gutting “[

I think it's 50 to 75 in Mills county to gut your deer. They hire High School kids on the weekend.
                          This is so sad seeing guys rolling in, in a dodge duelly with a lift , driver in $500 in camouflage wife/ baby momma in the same outfit except in pink
                          With a truck load of deer that haven’t been gutted all day very sad indeed

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
                            I had a processor admit once he mixes deer when he makes jerky/sausage because he needs a certain amount to make full batches.
                            Ive got some news for you. They all do that!

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
                              You wouldn’t believe how many people don’t gut there animals and pay to have it done
                              Wow never realized that. Been using our local processor over 20 years, every time I've dropped a deer off I've never seen non-dressed deer...

Comment

Working...
                              X