• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
    I think I know that deer!
    Gillespie Co.?
    Gillespie isn’t an AR county.

As far as the buck in the original post I’d bet he’s 13”+. He also satisifies the spirit of the law in that he’s mature.

Comment

Everyone who says he will make it, send them a PM and ask if they'll help you with the fine if you shoot it!......Crickets, and the season will be over!

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
        I think I know that deer!
        Gillespie Co.?
        No Sir, that's a genuine ETexas deer.

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
          He looks 14” to me
          lol, not even close. Check the pic again, he's inside the ears.

Comment

12.5", but I wouldn't care. He is mature and that is the reason for the ARs, not to let sub 13" bucks get old. GWs know this and use it to fine hunters, which isn't right in the first place. Your other option is to go MLD, then 13" is irrelevant.

Maybe a couple of GS GWs will chime in....awww never mind, what was I thinking?
            Last edited by lovemylegacy; 12-14-2018, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
              Gillespie isn’t an AR county.

As far as the buck in the original post I’d bet he’s 13”+. He also satisifies the spirit of the law in that he’s mature.
              They don't be noticing no "spirit of the law", just the law. Three years ago I had an obviously five year old with a crazy right antler. He wouldn't make AR so I sent a pic to the warden. His answer was no.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                They don't be noticing no "spirit of the law", just the law. Three years ago I had an obviously five year old with a crazy right antler. He wouldn't make AR so I sent a pic to the warden. His answer was no.
                Nuff said. Sometimes the wardens are the biggest problem with the ARs. They have forgotten the "spirit of the law" and use it as a money grab.

Comment

Sorry man, Ain’t no way he’s 13+!
                  I feel your pain, I have several like that

Comment

I watched this one all season and it looked too close to call even though it appears to be a 3+ yr old deer. I think the neighboring property killed it though.

Sorry about the quality of the cell phone pictures.
                    Here are 4 basic views of him.

Comment

It isn’t a money grab. You guys make me laugh. Their citations goto a JP. You want them to do their job but just not when you violate the law. They can’t give you permission to violate the law and then issue citationsn to next guy. You guys ask them if you can break the law and expect them to actually say yes?

Comment

Too close for me to be comfortable shooting.

Comment

And this is the ridiculous world we are in! Let’s look at ears and antlers and try to decide if a deer is 12 15/16 or 13 inches. No common sense about age is applied.

Game wardens are good people but make no mistake they would ticket their own family member if it was 12 15/16

Comment

AR rules have helped Mills county over all. I agree they are not perfect. I have several 3 to 4 yr old deer that need to be killed but do not meet the AR requirements. I own the land and have Grand kids that would pull the trigger if they could.

Comment

I would be afraid to shoot him, but I might take the chance. If he were a young deer, no way, but he isn't.

Ill Pitch in $50 if hes not over 13 and you get fined. Who else will contribute.

Comment

I don’t think he makes 13

Comment

Working...
                                X