Sneaky + 1

doppelganger + 1

brent & jordan

hog lick

rally (aka snacks)

birdog66

danimal

jspradley w a possible +1

PRPechek +2 Westlakers (Flights are booked!

Comment

Whats the count?

Comment

Thanks for providing this link Stoof.

Haven't missed many of these shindigs, this year 21-14 Feb I'll be Director of the Men's ACTS retreat for my parish. My new Big River longbow "Hallelujah" regrets to RSVP in the negative for this years hunt.
        I'll be with you in spirit!!!

NOTE: To Newbies don't bring any more than you can carry in on our back from the trail head, Just saying!
        Last edited by Wudstix; 12-14-2018, 01:05 PM.

Comment

TP3 - There are usually several of us stickbow shooters in attendance. There has been success with traditional gear. There are many situations were a stick bow is the only shot possible, instinctive shot. As Rat says, "Wing shooting for Hogs" and "Shoot 'em in the lips" Hogs that don't sleep at a trot don't last long at Granger. Bring your best and knock 'em down.

Comment

Or if you feel so inclined, use a tomahawk...I’ve personally seen wudstix kill a pig with one [emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Piglet, mouth watering morsel. Hawk never left my hand he just couldn't outrun any old, fat man.

If anyone has video of that it's not in slow-mo.
              Last edited by Wudstix; 12-15-2018, 02:24 PM.

Comment

No video, me & yoga pants were too busy chasing the other piglets.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                  Piglet, mouth watering morsel. Hawk never left my hand he just couldn't outrun any old, fat man.

If anyone has video of that it's not in slow-mo.

I remember that we cooked em up whole over open fire..melted in your mouth

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post

Hot dang this sounds promising.

Comment

Well Wudstix I will try and represent in your absence although from years past that looks like a tall order.
                      If yall can get me within 15 yards of one I will not care if he's standing still or not.

Comment

TP3 - one year Rat got in my chily about contributing, and I set up by the brier patch letting the other 60 rangers push pigs. One ran by me at 8-9 yards and I put an arrow in his femoral. While he was being dressed out another hog came trotting up the trail, we all scattered after him and luckily she stayed in front of me. Chased her into another brier patch and shoot her at @5-6 yards. It's great when the hogs cooperate!!!!!

Plus my buddy with the scatter gun helped. Stick n string, make 'em sing!!!
                        Last edited by Wudstix; 12-16-2018, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Sounds like a good effort paid off. Looking forward to it.
                          On a side note, I'm bringing a half dozen jugs, in case the swine don't cooperate.

Comment

this sounds like a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                              I had to scoot...alls I remember was the debate over whether or not to gut them before cooking. Someone got vetoed...almost unanimously. Gunny is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                                Well Wudstix I will try and represent in your absence although from years past that looks like a tall order.
                                If yall can get me within 15 yards of one I will not care if he's standing still or not.
                                Ill push to you.

Im hoping the Wednesday and Thursday arrivals dont start hunting and pushing before it actually counts on Friday. Seems to be some skinny years when the push starts pre-“hunt”. Stay in camp and drink...Early Birds.

Comment

Working...
                                X