Farm Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikebyrge View Post
    I put this one together for my wife's uncle last year. He's a farmer/rancher in West Texas...I know it has taken care of a few rattle snakes.

It's a 20g with the barrel cut to 20" and a few inches off the butt stock.

The only problem I would have with this is that by cutting back the barrel ,it removed a of the choke and turned it into a cylinder bore. I would prefer to have a little bit more distance available.

Comment

.22 mag

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
        I like an older Savage Model 24 with the top barrel in .22WMR, bottom barrel in 20ga.
        I wish I could find one in good shape that was reasonably priced. They fetch a hefty price now.

Comment

Originally posted by mikebyrge View Post
          I put this one together for my wife's uncle last year. He's a farmer/rancher in West Texas...I know it has taken care of a few rattle snakes.

It's a 20g with the barrel cut to 20" and a few inches off the butt stock.

That looks nice Mike! I like the leather shell holder!

Comment

Hard to beat a cheap break open 12 gauge or a Maverick 88 pump.

Comment

I keep a few handy. A Savage 22/410, a Savage 223, and a Remington 870 Wingmaster in 12 ga. On the four wheeler I have a sawed off Smith & Wesson 12 Ga pump. Usually use one of the twelve gauges as it is hard to see after dark and I get a lot bigger margin of error with them.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                I wish I could find one in good shape that was reasonably priced. They fetch a hefty price now.
                Built like tanks - have the 223/20ga model which is highly liked for general use at ranch

Comment

Savage bolt action 20ga. and a 204 ruger for the longer shots.

Comment

I have just a standard 12 gauge shotgun. We have livestock and neighbors so I don't want the bullet to go too far.

Comment

17HMR by the door

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                        I have just a standard 12 gauge shotgun. We have livestock and neighbors so I don't want the bullet to go too far.
                        That’s why I stayed with s 12ga as well. #4 buck will cover anything out to 60yrds or so and the lead #2 high brass will smoke any coon size animal in the yard.

Comment

Working...
                        X