Skeeters - what ya'll think about this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skeeters - what ya'll think about this?

Saw a FB post supposedly reporting a home made mosquito repellent given out by Paul Harvey many years ago. The post says it works great. Some responses agree and disagree. Does anyone have any trustworthy experience with this mix? We are headed to the coast for a couple of weeks, and with the rain they had down there, I imagine the skeeters are gonna be bad. In the alternative, does anyone have a good skeeter repellant trick to share?

Mix a big bottle of cheap blue colored mouth wash, ebson salt, and 3 stale beers. Spray it around where you are. No mosquitos for 80 days.

It’s on FB it must be true!

Comment

Originally posted by twright View Post
      Saw a FB post supposedly reporting a home made mosquito repellent given out by Paul Harvey many years ago. The post says it works great. Some responses agree and disagree. Does anyone have any trustworthy experience with this mix? We are headed to the coast for a couple of weeks, and with the rain they had down there, I imagine the skeeters are gonna be bad. In the alternative, does anyone have a good skeeter repellant trick to share?

Mix a big bottle of cheap blue colored mouth wash, ebson salt, and 3 stale beers. Spray it around where you are. No mosquitos for 80 days.
      I been in some beer joints in Mexico that smelled like that.�� Didn’t see any skeeters either

Comment

While that possibly could work as a repellant, I'd call total BS on the 80 days comment.

Heck, even a fogger will only clear them out for a short period of time.

At the end of the day, your best bet is to buy a few thermocells, maybe a repellant candle or two and a few cans of Off.

Regardless, on the coast, them salt grass mosquitos come out right when the sun goes down. Oh and they are the hungriest skeeters you'll ever deal with.

Comment

THERMACELL lanterns spread out around your area

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Seems like a waste of 3 good beers.

Comment

Off

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Im just gonna take some permetrin and a small hand held pump sprayer. And of course several cans of OFF and some citronela candels. That all should help. I do not like using OFF. While it works good, I do not like going to bed with it on me. Getting a shower in our RV before bed on those nights when I "over serve" myself is a risky proposition.

Comment

Had a family member try it recently and said it helped. I'm sticking with a healthy dose of food grade insecticides......

worth a shot though - report back!

Comment

It works I keep the stuff in mu garage cabinet where I keep my pesticides.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                      I been in some beer joints in Mexico that smelled like that.�� Didn’t see any skeeters either
                      If you were in Mexico in a beer joint you probably could feel them bite you anyway😋

Comment

Sounds like it would smell like the men's room at a Texaco.

Comment

Pre treat your clothes with Permethrin Spray.
                          It works. You can buy the spray ready to apply or google for the recipe using over the counter Permethrin.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                            It works I keep the stuff in mu garage cabinet where I keep my pesticides.
                            So, how do you get the mosquitos to stay away for 80 days? Do you just spray it in the air? Do you spray it on plants, the ground, chairs, brick or yourself?

Comment

My wife bought and put into a growing container, lemon grass...we have it growing on our back porch and have not had a skitter around us...

Comment

Working...
                              X