Plumbing Help Arlington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plumbing Help Arlington

Before I do something really stupid. I have a Roman faucet setup on my tub. Since purchasing the home we had tile installed. I need to change out the fixture. However I can’t get to it or for that matter even access the turn off switches. In a little by of a pickle. Anyone close to Arlington that’s a plumber that could assist without taking up all of the tile?

Sorry I’m no help, but you are in a pickle if you didn’t leave an access point to the faucet before tiling

Comment

You only need to break out the tiles required to get access. Smash the tiles you need to gain access with a hammer. Do the work and change the fixture.

There may not be any shut-off valves for the faucet. If so, turn the water supply to the house off at the city meter valve near the sidewalk. Do not use the owners shut off valve. If the owner's valve breaks, you pay to fix it. If the city valve breaks, the city fixes it at their expense.

Comment

Put up a couple photos of the install. Someone will have a better idea once they see it.

Comment

Comment

On my tub that front piece of marble is just silicone in place.

Comment

We had the tile put in after the fact about four years ago. It’s not silicone that’s holding it in

Comment

What's a turnoff switch?

Comment

I think he is referring to isolation valves. Looks like that slab of marble needs to come off

Comment

Originally posted by muley4x4 View Post
                    We had the tile put in after the fact about four years ago. It’s not silicone that’s holding it in
                    I am probably being dense or can't tell from the pic but I don't see any tile that keeps you from getting to the faucet. Looks to me like that piece of marble that runs from the floor to the top of the tub needs to come off. I have had two tubs that all that held that in place was caulking. Sorry if I am not helping. Hope you get it....i hate plumbing

Comment

You will have to pull the base boards off of the corner of the tub to get that marble front off of the tub cut the silicone with a blade at the top seam and down at the grout line . I bet it doesn’t have any stops under the tub itself you will have to cut the water off at the meter. But unless you are just wanting to change the whole body out you don’t have to go through all that work to get the front off of that tub you can put new stems and handle on with out replace the whole body !

Comment

After looking at the valve closer it looks like a valley faucet and if it is you can not get any parts for it so you will have to change the whole faucet out I see you already gotten one in that picture. You probably just need to call a plumber to change it out for you I’m sure it’s hooked up with copper which will require sweating joints .

Comment

Had the same issue a few years back. My son snapped off the hot water handle.

I JB Welded it back on rather than deal with replacing it.

Comment

Did you find a plumber? If not I know a great in Grand Prairie

Comment

Bust out the tile and replace with three access doors. That’s what we did on a new install.

Comment

Working...
                              X