Guest bathroom hot water, help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest bathroom hot water, help?

So the water in our guest bathroom takes forever to get hot, actually it never gets hot enough to turn the cool water on. Is there any gadgets I could install to help boost the flow of hot water to the guest bathroom? Master bathroom and kitchen get hot rather quick and it does get hot enough to turn the cool water on. House is only 1500 sq ft, the tank is located on one end of house and guest bathroom is located on the other.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Hot water circulation system. I have a Watts system. HD sells them. There is a small pump with a timer installed on the hot outlet of the water tank and a thermostatic valve at the fixture you want to get instant hot water. How it all works is a bit much to explain here. Pm me if you have questions.

Comment

May check what temp it’s set on.My sister had the same problem and I had to turn her water heater up a few degrees..

Comment

By chance does this bathroom shower or faucet have a a single knob (i.e. not separate knobs for hot and cold?)

If so, pull the face plate off the shower faucet and see if there are small valves behind the main handle. This happened to me - hot water valve behind the cover plate was only partially opened. Quick turn and problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by StrayDog View Post
          By chance does this bathroom shower or faucet have a a single knob (i.e. not separate knobs for hot and cold?)

If so, pull the face plate off the shower faucet and see if there are small valves behind the main handle. This happened to me - hot water valve behind the cover plate was only partially opened. Quick turn and problem solved.
          What he said^^^

A lot of shower valves have a heat guard that won't let the shower get very hot. I've taken them out of several showers and it fixed the problem instantly. It's just a small piece of plastic that keeps the handle from turning all the way to optimum heat.

Comment

Originally posted by StrayDog View Post

Separate hot and cold knobs

Comment

We have a garage apt. Had to replace both water heaters this year. Still took forever for the upstairs kitchen sink to get hot. Chased pipes around and found the upstairs sink on our downstairs water heater. {40ish feet away}
              Upstairs water heater only doing the bathroom.
              Shaking My Head.....................

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                Hot water circulation system. I have a Watts system. HD sells them. There is a small pump with a timer installed on the hot outlet of the water tank and a thermostatic valve at the fixture you want to get instant hot water. How it all works is a bit much to explain here. Pm me if you have questions.

I have a system like you described. You can get instant hot water in the guest bathroom. There is a small bypass valve installed under the sink. You can set the timer for anytime of the day for the pump(installed on top of water heater) to recirculate the hot water. We rarely use the other bathroom for bathing so I do not turn it on unless we have company. Just google water heater recirculating pump. Plenty of information on youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                  I have a system like you described. You can get instant hot water in the guest bathroom. There is a small bypass valve installed under the sink. You can set the timer for anytime of the day for the pump(installed on top of water heater) to recirculate the hot water. We rarely use the other bathroom for bathing so I do not turn it on unless we have company. Just google water heater recirculating pump. Plenty of information on youtube.
                  I'll look it up, thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X