Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good job! Keep going!

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Congrats. Post pics when you can

Comment

I’ll try to summarize today’s events best I can.

We had a cow dead to rights at 20yds and son couldn’t find it in the scope while it was feeding with its back to us. I tried everything possible to get him lined up but it just wasn’t happening. After it realized we were there and stared us down for what seemed like an hour I look over at my buddy and without missing a beat I gave him the nod to take it and he throat punched it. No tracking job needed.

We spotted a bull a ways off and my buddy decided to put a stalk on it. Instead of slowing him down my son and I went another direction to set up elsewhere. We get settled into a good looking spot about an hour and a half later and about 30 min into our sit a gun goes off behind us. A hunter that we didn’t see before hand dropped a cow and I knew our sit was over. We relocated to another spot a couple hundred yards away from there and just as we sit I get a call from my buddy saying he dropped the bull. So we start the trek back in the other direction to give him a hand. By this time light was fading and we weren’t going to make the “all out” time. He caped it and got all the meat he could carry off of it. Ranger picked us up halfway on the walk back to our truck and that was the end of day one. Feet are killing us and we will recharge and do it all over in the morning. My boy was just excited to get his photo with the cow. It made his day! Hopefully I can get him on a nilgai tomorrow. It’s all he talks about now!

The bull was better than we originally thought. Buddy is going to get it mounted.

Comment

Very cool. Congrats so far

Comment

Sounds like a good hunt. Congrats!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess y'all are on the road now... Let us know how today's hunt went.

Comment

Congrats man! I'll post my pics and story tonight.

Comment

Well. We didn’t get anything the last day. My boy was beat and did a half a day then slept back at the truck the rest of the day. Have to admit that I was impressed he kept up with us men for that long. He showed a lot of heart. We walked and biked a good amount of miles in three days. I ended up shooting a cow around 3p yesterday but could not find her after she hit the brush. Just got too thick and had zero blood to go by. I took a shot at her from what I thought was around 300 yds(I suck at judging distance) and held over for that distance. Ended up sailing the shot over her. Good thing was she ran straight at me(I was hiding on the brush line). So I reloaded and put the crosshairs right on her chest(zeroed at 200yds) and I heard the impact and she shrugged it off and darted into the brush. Really wish I had that first shot back but oh well, you live and you learn. I was all over unit 3 and 5 and gained much knowledge from this trip. The bites ALL OVER my body and blisters on both feet are not going to let me forget this trip anytime soon. Overall just a great experience with great company and can’t wait to get back to that beautiful(but unforgiving) country!

Sneaky guy!

Anybody lose an arrow?

Comment

thanx for taking us along on your hunt. Was this the special draw hunt?

How far did most folks go in from the road? I have a deformed hip joint...don't know how far I could go.i did the carts help much?

again, congrats on the hunt.

Comment

Yes sir “emergency draw hunt”.
                          Hip should be good. Just walk in as far as you can and set up on a game trail and hope for the best. You can do as much as you want or as little as you want. There were lots of people hunting close to their vehicles.

Comment

Blue bull or bust

I will not be biking again. Too many things to worry about that take away from the hunt. I’m just going to do the walking and maybe a cart next time. Already looking for a great pair of boots to upgrade to. I would also zero rifles at 100 and know your hold for 200 and you will be good. Most shots will be close and probably on a moving target. Jumped plenty of whitetails on this hunt also. Was pretty cool seeing all the wildlife this place had to offer. Bowhunt will be interesting this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                              thanx for taking us along on your hunt. Was this the special draw hunt?

How far did most folks go in from the road? I have a deformed hip joint...don't know how far I could go.i did the carts help much?

again, congrats on the hunt.
                              If you have a disability waiver you are allowed to use an ATV within the unit. Should help you out in the event you get drawn.

Comment

Congrats on the successful hunt! The Laguna is definitely a tough but rewarding experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X