Alligator mount ideas???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alligator mount ideas???

I need alligator mount ideas. I am not against a full body mount, but looking at other possible options. I am leaning toward full body, table top (half body), or a skull mount. I just don't want it to look tacky, and I like the look of an alligator skull to put on my desk. However, I feel like if I end up killing one with my bow, I should mount the entire **** thing!

I really like the skull mounts on gators the best..........

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
      I really like the skull mounts on gators the best..........

I agree!

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
        I need alligator mount ideas. I am not against a full body mount, but looking at other possible options. I am leaning toward full body, table top (half body), or a skull mount. I just don't want it to look tacky, and I like the look of an alligator skull to put on my desk. However, I feel like if I end up killing one with my bow, I should mount the entire **** thing!
        search DocMay's mount

Comment

These are basically my options unless y’all can give me a better idea.

Comment

Unless it is a state record I would never full body mount an alligator LOL. Get the skull euro'd, not a tacky gas station freeze dried head.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
              search DocMay's mount

Will do

Comment

That one that BPhillips has is bad arse but you need the right room for it. I just went on a hunt and looked at them before the hunt and my plan was a rug with the right one. I have not seen the half mount referenced but the skull mount is a must. Couple 5-6’ on my hunt nothing that I was interested in mounting.

Comment

I skinned one of mine had have it on the wall. It is 11'7" long. I have the skull on the shelf right below it.

Comment

Best ever
                    Attached Files

Comment

I'll have to go with this for the lady.

Since I doubt the pic is showing, here is a link.

Buy your alligator boots Prada on Vestiaire Collective, the luxury consignment store online. Second-hand Alligator boots Prada Brown in Alligator available. 3580424

And Euro mount the skull.
                      Last edited by icetrauma; 09-13-2018, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Blaster View Post
                        Best ever

definitely the head in the box!

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                          search DocMay's mount
                          Can you be a little more specific, CB ? I've tried to search for it, But there seem to be thousands of DocMay references, but zero DocMay alligator search references. I'd really like to see it. I've got a 10 footer at the taxidermist right now. Just looking for ideas.

Comment

Been putting in for the draw hunts for a while now chomping at the bit to get drawn one day, and have been debating this same topic of what kind of mount would be the best. I personally think the skull mount is the best looking as I feel quality good looking skin mounts are hard to find, or a taxi who can make it look real.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray McGaughey View Post
                              Can you be a little more specific, CB ? I've tried to search for it, But there seem to be thousands of DocMay references, but zero DocMay alligator search references. I'd really like to see it. I've got a 10 footer at the taxidermist right now. Just looking for ideas.
                              Same here. I looked, but got nada.

Comment

Working...
                              X