2017 Houston Astros season thread, "Earn it"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    I'd say that too if I just got called out for the truth in an attempt to knock it down.......

You really are impressed with yourself.....btw, please submit one finding of me being a Hinch lover. Then we can go on with your "truth". In fact, I dont think there is much Hinch love anywhere here. I think you are confused with the Banny lovefest 2015-16 to Banny sucksfest 2017 on the ranger thread. In general, I think you are just confused period. There that ought to cover it.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
      Hinch is definitely NOT the reason this team is 15 games over .500 with the best record in baseball. Putting a lineup on the field that can win with this roster is like shooting deer with a crossbow.
      If there was a like button I would mash it about 100 times.

Comment

I'm the closest to hinch love on this thread, but I have been consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
          You really are impressed with yourself.....btw, please submit one finding of me being a Hinch lover. Then we can go on with your "truth". In fact, I dont think there is much Hinch love anywhere here. I think you are confused with the Banny lovefest 2015-16 to Banny sucksfest 2017 on the ranger thread. In general, I think you are just confused period. There that ought to cover it.
          I see you ignored the meat of the post and nitpicked. The Hinch comment was merely a blip on the screen compared to the part where you can't hardly post in your own thread without mentioning the Rangers ....they are in your head son!! But after years of beat downs I can understand it I guess..

And I'd take Banny ten times over Hinch and so would you..

Last edited by Smart; 05-16-2017, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Bannister lmao.....does he coach or just rush to be the first one in an on field altercation? Dude sure has an ego for an old fart

Comment

I think Hinch does a pretty good job. Sometimes I question his bullpen decisions, but I also know he is the coach and professional and knows his guys better then me

Some of the same people who hate coaches are the people frequenting the LL fight thread or who yell at umpires and don't let them do their job

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                Bannister lmao.....does he coach or just rush to be the first one in an on field altercation? Dude sure has an ego for an old fart
                He's a manager rook.......he has coaches that actually coach underneath him, but his former manager, Clint Hurdle, said he was one of the best coaches he has ever had when he was under him.

Two AL West Banners suggest he can manage a little....

Comment

Had we known that the Rangers would be in yall two's heads all these years so much that its all you guys can talk about when you are FINALLY leading the division and shouldn't even be concerned with them , we wouldn't have started the threads in the campfire. You two need some help. Scorned women does not even describe it. The obsession is pitiful...borderline pathetic.....

The funny thing is all these years both of you guys said Hinch needed to go....Hinch sucks....Hinch Hinch Hinch.....now he's the second coming of Jesus.......Love it..

Sounds very similar to all the CFB threads and Sumlin doesn't it?

Comment

He's a manager rook.......he has coaches that actually coach underneath him, but his former manager, Clint Hurdle, said he was one of the best coaches he has ever had when he was under him.

So at what point does it stop being about the manager and start being about the players? My point is, after the best record in baseball last year, who was responsible for the sweep in the 1st round? I guess if division banners are what counts, both the Astros and Rangers have had a few good managers..... I'd personally take Bannister over Hinch. I think he's done an outstanding job with a good offensive team and a pretty suspect pitching staff. This year, Hinch has been blessed with good pitching, good offense, and a solid defense. Hard to be a bad manager with that.

Comment

All I can go in is current results and his hot headedness. Dude needs to drop his ego and let his players handle stuff. Remember he is washed up and old. A has been like some people on here

Comment

I don't talk about the past like all Dallas fans. What have you done for me lately?! We are 15 games over .500 and y'all only have 19 wins on season

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                          So at what point does it stop being about the manager and start being about the players? My point is, after the best record in baseball last year, who was responsible for the sweep in the 1st round? I guess if division banners are what counts, both the Astros and Rangers have had a few good managers..... I'd personally take Bannister over Hinch. I think he's done an outstanding job with a good offensive team and a pretty suspect pitching staff. This year, Hinch has been blessed with good pitching, good offense, and a solid defense. Hard to be a bad manager with that.
                          I've always been a "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink every time" type of guy. The players.....and mostly the bullpen has definitely let us down this year. I know of 6 games they have blown leads late...maybe more. That would have the Rangers right up there in the mix if the bullpen had done its job. Unfortunately they did not. I doubt Bannister is do anything much differently than what has been successful for him in the past.....well except now he's shaking his head in disgust the 8th inning...

Comment

All I can go in is current results and his hot headedness. Dude needs to drop his ego and let his players handle stuff. Remember he is washed up and old. A has been like some people on here
                            I don't talk about the past like all Dallas fans. What have you done for me lately?! We are 15 games over .500 and y'all only have 19 wins on season

Please don't play dumb baseball guy here. It's embarrassing for your fellow Astros fans and TBHers. If you want to talk baseball, lets talk baseball. If you don't know enough about the game then I suggest just reading..
                            Last edited by Smart; 05-16-2017, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Had we known that the Rangers would be in yall two's heads all these years so much that its all you guys can talk about when you are FINALLY leading the division and shouldn't even be concerned with them , we wouldn't have started the threads in the campfire. You two need some help. Scorned women does not even describe it. The obsession is pitiful...borderline pathetic.....

The funny thing is all these years both of you guys said Hinch needed to go....Hinch sucks....Hinch Hinch Hinch.....now he's the second coming of Jesus.......Love it..

Again, you aren't right. Looks like the Astros are in your head. Find ONE place where I said anything negative about Hinch. That's right, you can't. Fake news. I've always liked Hinch. Fail

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                                Again, you aren't right. Looks like the Astros are in your head. Find ONE place where I said anything negative about Hinch. That's right, you can't. Fake news. I've always liked Hinch. Fail

LMAO.....you too ignored the meat of the post AND.....once again are using somebody else's idea. "You might as well say oh yeah, back to you and something with rubber and glue" like a pre teen..

You never fail to deliver Billy... Keep on being you...

Comment

Working...
                                X