Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of people love the 25-06 on muledeer

Comment

6.5 CM neck shot will drop them on the spot , sure you loose some meat but they never run .. Not sure what you think is LR though.. I have taken deer at well over 800 have one in the 1048 range , but that is a 300 RUM it will get the job done and then some , a bit hard on the shoulder not a fun bench gun ha ha

Comment

Vote for the .264 Win Mag here. Love that caliber! Great for long distance shooting!

Comment

That .264 sounds like the perfect ticket as long as it’s not too heavy to lug around. A fast flat 6.5 will be more forgiving on wind and elevation changes, and that .264 is top of the food chain when it comes to 6.5.

Comment

Are those what you own or are you looking at buying a new rig? Invest is good glass that tracks well and put a couple hundred rounds through it at distances up to double what you feel comfortable shooting. 308 will do it but need t as forgiving on wind calls as your 264 Mag.

Comment

.308 would be plenty. My buddy shoots mulies with a .243 and they don't go far. I think you're good to go with every caliber you mentioned.

Comment

.300 Win Mag is such a great caliber and has killed plenty of those critters for me!

Comment

I’ve killed them with 6.5 creedmoor, 300 Win, and 7mm rem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

.22mag

Comment

Originally posted by GrapeApe View Post
                      .22mag
                      Gotta be from East Texas. I was thinking the same cartridge

Comment

Originally posted by GrapeApe View Post
                        .22mag
                        I killed all of my mule deer, my antelope and my largest whitetail with a 22-250. It was the only Rifle I owned until I got older and started reading Internet forums...that is when I learned that caliber was not adequate to kill large game!

Comment

.25-06/308/.30-06 etc is plenty, magnum if you want to just because.

Comment

I killed my Mulie in my avatar at 200yds with my 257 wthby, 110 grain accubonds. Complete pass through on a 300 pound animal. I was very impressed with the accubond.

Comment

thanks for all the help I am going with 300 and 246 for back up. They also have my best scopes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                                I killed all of my mule deer, my antelope and my largest whitetail with a 22-250. It was the only Rifle I owned until I got older and started reading Internet forums...that is when I learned that caliber was not adequate to kill large game!

I like the way you think sir, I get told that all the time about my 22-250 you shoulda brought more gun. I’ve never had anything run from “uncle painless”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X