Bora Bora Vacation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bora Bora Vacation?

Has anybody been if so tell me a good place to stay. We were looking at the cabins over the water but they are pricy...just wanting to hear some feed back from the guys who have been and let me know if its worth the extra money versus, the Caribbean's...

My son and his wife were just there for 2 weeks last month. EVERYTHING is expensive. Drinks were $17.00 each. meals are $100.00 each. He said they ended up splitting 1 meal for the 2 of them. He said everything there is imported so its all overpriced.

Comment

Originally posted by DEG View Post
      My son and his wife were just there for 2 weeks last month. EVERYTHING is expensive. Drinks were $17.00 each. meals are $100.00 each. He said they ended up splitting 1 meal for the 2 of them. He said everything there is imported so its all overpriced.
      You just convinced me to mark that one off my list of places to go.

Comment

A young man I worked with in pharma went two years ago for his honeymoon . They LOVED it and plan to geaux back soon. Last week we almost left New Zealand early to hit Fiji for two days. Definitely on our list of places to go.

Comment

figure on $20,000 for the week....

Comment

You would think fish would be a cheap meal there.

Comment

I'm headed there July 27 - Aug 4. We are staying at Le Meridian in an over the water bungalow. It is definitely the most we've ever spent on a trip, but the wife's turning 50, and that's what she wanted. Shoot me a pm if you want to discuss pricing. I'll update when we get back.

Comment

A co worker said they got over the water bungalows, and ended up transferring back onto land because they were so loud with the waves crashing and whatnot all night.

If you can go all inclusive I would, especially based on earlier comments. We were going to do it for our honeymoon, but couldn't justify the price.

Comment

Go to Fiji instead...this from a friend who has been to both places. He and his wife like Fiji much better.

Comment

Like others have said I hear it’s pricey. But it’s beautiful. I really want to go one day and get one of the huts over the water.

Comment

Bora Bora Vacation?

Like @DEG said, my wife and I recently travelled to French Polynesia.

It's a bucket list place for many people around the world. Because of that and the fact that everything is imported, it commands high prices.

If you do go, I highly recommend staying at a couple of different islands. We spent a week in Moorea and a week in Bora Bora.

We stayed at the Intercontinental in both islands and I believe there are Intercontinental resorts on other islands as well. If you go to Bora Bora, there are two Intercontinental resorts--Thalasso and Le Moana. I highly recommend staying at the Thalasso!

Anyway, shoot me a PM if you have other questions or want specifics. I'd be more than happy to help out.
                      Last edited by jsavoie88; 07-09-2018, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jsavoie88 View Post
                        Like @DEG said, my wife and I recently travelled to French Polynesia.

It's a bucket list place for many people around the world. Because of that and the fact that everything is imported, it commands high prices.

If you do go, I highly recommend staying at a couple of different islands. We spent a week in Moorea and a week in Bora Bora.

We stayed at the Intercontinental in both islands and I believe there are Intercontinental resorts on other islands as well. If you go to Bora Bora, there are two Intercontinental resorts--Thalasso and Le Moana. I highly recommend staying at the Thalasso!

Anyway, shoot me a PM if you have other questions or want specifics. I'd be more than happy to help out.

This. Both islands. We splurged for two nights in the overwater bungalow and caught fish right from our deck. rest of the trip in a lower cost hotel. Ate really large breakfast every day as they were somewhat reasonable. Bought wine and beer at a local store. Tasted rough but way cheaper than drinks at the bar. The trip will Expensive but the experience is worth way more than that new toy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep it was around 900-1000 day when u figure in airfare
                          - best time to go is early August when the deepwater swells hit- teahupoo break is a world class wave that is a freak of nature- rent a panga and to see it in person is unreal it truly shows you the power of the ocean
                          Attached Files

Comment

We went in 2011 on our honeymoon
                            Stayed 7-10 days at 1700-1800 a night -St Regis
                            The whole trip was like 25k
                            I hope we can go back one day but I think it might be our 25th or 50th anniversary lol. So expensive but such a cool place once you arrive on the islands.

Comment

Originally posted by Randallc View Post
                              I'm headed there July 27 - Aug 4. We are staying at Le Meridian in an over the water bungalow. It is definitely the most we've ever spent on a trip, but the wife's turning 50, and that's what she wanted. Shoot me a pm if you want to discuss pricing. I'll update when we get back.
                              sent you a pm, Have fun on your Vacation

Comment

Working...
                              X