Good bye NFL hello LMN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
    Sitting, standing, who cares. If they are really serious let's see em peel off a few millions to contribute to resolving the real issue. Without that, it's just a bunch of hollow horsepuckey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Another voice of reason.
    It's all talk right now.

Comment

Nascar team owners warned that any protest will get you fired and sent home on a greyhound bus. The way it should be... I watched the Astros last night after the race.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
        Fractured logic?
        You can't force someone to stand for the pledge of allegiance nor put their hand over their heart during star spangled banner
        Or bow their head during a prayer.

Find another reason to fire them but you better not list those as a reason.
        In Texas you dont have to list a reason.....just fire them. They know why, you know why but it is never spoken.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
          You can't force someone to stand up for anything.
          Let's say they had a prayer before a company dinner and these guys didn't want to bow their heads.
          They can't be fired for that.

That's a quick way to get sued.

This whole thing has gone too far and both sides are acting silly.

I'm going tractor shopping
          no one is going to force anyone to pray to a god that isn't their god; standing for the national anthem is something entirely different imo, as we are all Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
            Sitting, standing, who cares. If they are really serious let's see em peel off a few millions to contribute to resolving the real issue. Without that, it's just a bunch of hollow horsepuckey.
            Kaep has donated a million ...

I enjoy football and did so yesterday. Had some great games, and the time with my Son is always a welcomed relaxation.

Comment

I'm curious why the left is all for "freedom of speech" and protesting our national anthem, but sue store owners for not providing a cake to a gay couple.

The hypocrisy is astounding.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                Nascar team owners warned that any protest will get you fired and sent home on a greyhound bus. The way it should be... I watched the Astros last night after the race.
                I went to the Astros game Friday. They didn't plan the National Anthem. Usually its right before the first pitch. We looked around, there wasn't even a flag inside the stadium.

Comment

I love America more and have a whole lot more respect for it and the flag than the NFL. I don't watch it at all anymore. You absolutely will not catch me turning on a TV and tuning in to an NFL game.

I'm a grown man, I have higher priorites than watching a bunch of overpaid America hating crybabies play a child's game on television. Do something productive, or positive, spend time with family or loved ones with your free time when you would normally be tuned in to the NFL.

I'm sure plenty of people with weak principles will keep them tuned in. Then there are those that agree with them.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                    I'm curious why the left is all for "freedom of speech" and protesting our national anthem, but sue store owners for not providing a cake to a gay couple.

Yea x1,000,000
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post

It's hypocritical as usual.

Where was the NFL on freedom of speech when they cancelled Hank Williams Jr. because of comments he made on the Fox morning show after he was asked his opinion.

Pro Law enforcement is not something the NFL is either as they banned them from carrying at NFL games.

They had no problem with Beyoncé and her Black Power (Black Panthers) routine she did in the Super Bowl.

Yet they had trouble with the Cowboys uniforms remembering the LEO's killed in Dallas.

They made efforts to regulate speech of players during the game resulting in penalties yet they are for free speech.

This list could go on and on.

I hope the NFL implodes on itself.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                        I went to the Astros game Friday. They didn't plan the National Anthem. Usually its right before the first pitch. We looked around, there wasn't even a flag inside the stadium.
                        Is this true? This is really big news if so.

Comment

I'm not watching any team that I know has players who aren't standing and respecting our national anthem. I LOVE football and l have since the '70s but I can't abide this behavior! Since I work on a hunting ranch I don't get much time to watch football and I cherish the time I do- usually a recorded game late at night. I didn't make my decision lightly or easily. When our 11 year old asked why players weren't standing THAT was the last straw for me; and my wife and kids decided we'd do it together. I even took the time to write a letter to both the NFL and the Players Association explaining our stance.

I TOTALLY support players' right to protest on behalf of their beliefs, that's our nation's way. What I DONT support is them protesting on MY time, the team's time or the league's time! Protesting is something personal that you do on your OWN time, NOT while you're on the clock. These players are millionaires, EVERY one of them; and even the worst player in the NFL has access to a much bigger platform to express their socio-political beliefs than the average American. They are absolutely welcome to avail themselves of that unique opportunity, regardless of their position. When they're on the field, though, they are employees of the team and, ultimately, the fans who provide the income fueling their salaries. I can't think of another industry that would tolerate political protesting while a worker is on company time. This is yet another example of these overpaid spoiled brats being coddled beyond belief. Makes me sick! The league has rules about EVERYTHING and they get fined for wearing the wrong socks yet the league is scared to death to prohibit political protests on team/fan/league time! Pathetic.

The 1st Amendment does NOT protect you from losing your job in the private sector. You're free to say what you want but your employer can absolutely reprimand or terminate you for expressing your views or protesting on company time. So all this wailing about players' 1st Amendment rights is utter nonsense promulgated by people that are either sympathetic to the players position or cowed by them. They have EVERY right to protest whatever they would like, but just NOT during games.

Attendance has been 'off' since now unemployed Kaepernick started this nonsense last season. Hopefully this trend continues until there's a solution. Unfortunately, I think the league and the owners are SO scared of a rebellion in their stables that, ultimately, teams will follow the Steelers' lead and keep teams in the locker room until after the anthem. It's sad but at least my kids won't have to see these overpaid morons who won the genetic lottery disrespecting the very nation that provides the incredible opportunity that they enjoy! It's a small percentage of the players but it's always the 'few' that ruin things for the 'many.' Grrrrrr!

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                          I would say less than 5% of the players are protesting. I didn't watch any games yesterday but, from what I'm hearing....this was in response to Trump. He needs to STFU. Not all players are un-patriotic and are getting painted with a broad brush. I hate the Steelers and anything they stand for but.......https://www.yahoo.com/sports/steeler...953591.html;)b

Trump is a convenient excuse and that's nonsense. He didn't say anything different than what most of us are saying. He didn't paint anything with a broad brush, this time. He just said that the situation would be quickly resolved if an owner or two would have the stones to walk on the field and suspend or fire a player or two for violating team policy of respecting the anthem and the nation. EVERY one of these spoiled malcontents is a Trump hater to start with. They dislike anything that comes out of his mouth no matter what he says. It's not a matter of WHAT he said, it's the fact that he said anything AT ALL that riled them up. Totally unfair to lay any blame at Trump's feet for this one. I find it 100% appropriate for the US President to weigh in on the anti-American activities of a group of high profile Americans. Make no mistake - protesting the national anthem IS anti-American.

Trump did not say or imply that all or even most players are unAmerican. His comments were directed solely at those who chose to disrespect our nation in public on game day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                            I will not patronize these traitorous jackwagons and scumbags. Besides, it's getting close to time for the cormorants to return and chum up them big blue cats under the roosting trees. Lots of fish to be caught on Sunday mornings and I gotta do my part.

Winner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
                              Is this true? This is really big news if so.
                              We thought maybe we were just late (Got in about 6:50). But we looked everywhere, and couldn't find a flag.

I would love to stand corrected on this, as I may have just missed it. But the flag certainly was not in an obvious location.

Comment

OK .. I am not up to date on all this football business ... the only football I see are the games where one of my baby girls are cheering ... and don't really see the football as much as I watch my baby thrown high into the air ... but ....

What is the reason that there BOYS are kneeling ? What are they protesting ? And why ONLY during the National Anthem ? Why not kneel during the entire game ?

Someone please explain ...

DWC

Comment

Working...
                                X