No announcement yet.

2014 Lake Grapevine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went today and all my hog grounds are pretty much all under water! Not much corps hunting land available right now.

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
      Did that creek run over into the fields? I haven't been out there in a while.
      yes, creek is way over. Water is now flooded from creek to creek. East of 377 is all water. There is hardly any land on that side of 377 for the deer to stand on. It had to have pushed them out somewhere or severely concentrate them in a smaller area.

Comment

Was out there today and it didn't look good, well it kinda did because of how green it is but it didn't help me find anything.

Good luck everyone. Hopefully y'all can stick em before the heat rolls in

Comment

I got my permit today and would love to go chase some bacon, if anyone wants to meet up out there soon, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
            I got my permit today and would love to go chase some bacon, if anyone wants to meet up out there soon, let me know.
            your new permit is not good until 1 September.

Comment

Read up on the rules, they'll bust ya

Comment

Never got my hog permit for 2014-15. Let's go! Ready when you are!

Comment

hey Troy, your hunting spot is probably 4-5' deep in water right now.
                  Any one know if that are is closed to any type of boat traffic. Was thinking about putting the 2 man boat out there and see if any fish have moved into any of the trees. I have been seeing lots of fish coming from other flooded areas lately. Two kids carried out about 30 catfish from a flooded creek at Ray Roberts last week.

Comment

Our canoe club has been paddling a lot of the flooded areas lately and nobody has said anything yet

Comment

Originally posted by acearrow View Post
                      hey Troy, your hunting spot is probably 4-5' deep in water right now.
                      Any one know if that are is closed to any type of boat traffic. Was thinking about putting the 2 man boat out there and see if any fish have moved into any of the trees. I have been seeing lots of fish coming from other flooded areas lately. Two kids carried out about 30 catfish from a flooded creek at Ray Roberts last week.
                      That's what I heard. I've been meaning to drive out there and assess myself but haven't had the chance yet. I wonder how this will affect the deer for the upcoming season?

Comment

I guess it will determine how long the water stays up. Could bring a bunch of fresh new vegetation to that area.
                        Wondering if the water will change travel patterns much by the time season rolls around.

Comment

I went out there last night and was surprised. It looked more like 5-6 ft of water from the road. Could barely see the tops of the trees. I parked on Schooling Rd and the water was about 200 ft from the gate. I was surprised! I wonder how long it will take for the water to recede? I would imagine it would have to affect the deer patterns.

Comment

Obviously I haven't read up on the fine print of my permit. I have been busy lately thanks for informing me on dates . I will research more into it this is my first year on grapevine have always hunted Aquilla in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                              I went out there last night and was surprised. It looked more like 5-6 ft of water from the road. Could barely see the tops of the trees. I parked on Schooling Rd and the water was about 200 ft from the gate. I was surprised! I wonder how long it will take for the water to recede? I would imagine it would have to affect the deer patterns.

I sure hate to complain about all the rain, but the skeeters are gonna be even more ridiculous than usual this season. Gonna have to go at em with two thermacells each time out.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                                I sure hate to complain about all the rain, but the skeeters are gonna be even more ridiculous than usual this season. Gonna have to go at em with two thermacells each time out.
                                I know you are right on that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X